54mm Blood Angles Honor Guard

Replica

Here is my completed Blood Angels Honor Guard named 'Battle Brother Tydaeus'

Here is his WIP

He took me around 2 weeks to complete. This model was heaps of fun and i intend to do some more in this scale.

gallery_49031_4113_137824.jpg

gallery_49031_4113_175055.jpg

gallery_49031_4113_27923.jpg

gallery_49031_4113_87976.jpg

gallery_49031_4113_160171.jpg

Thanks for looking! all C&C welcome!

cheers,

Replica

Vostok3

Very cool. I love the grittiness the whole piece has.

Thanks mate; I wanted him to look battle worn so i used some weathering techniques that I normally use on tanks. Also i found that putting on gloss varnish before weathering or adding mud makes for a realistic effect of matte mud and grime over once polished armor

keith

I like it, very nice!

Cheers mate!

Durus

The mini looks great! It's nice to see a 54mm Marine that isn't part of the Deathwatch. msn-wink.gif

(I wish GW would still sell those helmets.)

Thanks, I agree, while the Artemis model is fantastic that big Inquisitor shoulder pad really isn’t suited for any other chapter...

Brother 'Ussell

Well done piece, and congrats on not everdoing the source light effect on the eyes, turned out well.

Cheers, I've had mixed feedback, some say it’s over done. I was going for a bit more of a spread of light to show the gold is more reflective but not everyone is into eye glow, this was my first attempt at it

Thanks everyone, i really appreciate the positive feedback!

Replica

Awesome work! I'm actually in the process of converting this model into a Daemon Prince myself (a very loyalist looking Daemon Prince... but that's the point), so your WiP is of great interest to me.

The only real flaw to my shocked and awed eyes, and it might just be the picture, is that the gold on the bolter looks kind of flat. Beyond that, I really like how you did it.

Personally I like the scrollwork on the shoulder pad but I'll admit, it's very Deathwatch-esque. Plus the studs are a great touch on a model like an Honor Guard.

Imperialis_Dominatus

Awesome work! I'm actually in the process of converting this model into a Daemon Prince myself (a very loyalist looking Daemon Prince... but that's the point), so your WiP is of great interest to me.

The only real flaw to my shocked and awed eyes, and it might just be the picture, is that the gold on the bolter looks kind of flat. Beyond that, I really like how you did it.

Personally I like the scrollwork on the shoulder pad but I'll admit, it's very Deathwatch-esque. Plus the studs are a great touch on a model like an Honor Guard.

G'day,

Thanks for the praise brother, I like the idea of using Artemis as a base for a Daemon, it sounds very chaos to make a mockery of the holy power armor by retaining its general form while bestowing it with all manner of evil energies!

Do you mean the bullet on the bolter? That's meant to represent the marksman's honor, and is actually a missile cut in half! its 3d but perhaps it needs a little more shading/highlighting?

I like the scroll-work too but i wanted to make him look very different from Artemis and that shoulder pad is probably his most distinctive feature.

You will have a ball converting up this guy, it was by far the most fun I've had on a build!

thanks,

Replica

Oh I've been chopping up the model and adding bits for a while now, though I only just got some pics up. There's some pinning and GS left to do. Oh, and painting. He is fun for sure.

Yeah, that's what I mean, I think the bullet on the side needs a little more shade/highlight. Something to make it pop.

Yeah, i should give it a bit more of a rounded look, might just do a streak of silver down them.

Replica

Archived