FURIOSO!

Coronzom

Here's what I'm working on for my BA's next. Now that the DC are finished, the Furioso is next up.

I did a little bit of greenstuff work on the shoulders, added some purity seals, and a melta/flamer to the model to make it a furios, but other than that it's the Forge World chaplain model.

I'm usually a really slow painter, and get distracted by new projects pretty easily, so I'm hoping that having this thread will help keep me focused.

Here's some pictures of it primed black.

gallery_22382_946_556438.jpg

gallery_22382_946_860587.jpg

Black highlights

gallery_22382_946_405133.jpg

gallery_22382_946_111173.jpg

After a black glaze

gallery_22382_946_794687.jpg

And now with the metallics blocked in (finally some color, yay!) It looks pretty messy now, but should start coming together after I throw an ink wash over the metals.

gallery_22382_946_605792.jpg

Finished up the gold save for one or two touch ups on the rivets.

gallery_22382_946_69100.jpg

Almost done now. I'm not sure about the red hoses though. Do you guys think it look ok, or should I go back to silver? Gonna toss on some battle damage, and I keep forgetting about the exhausts, then that should be it. Oh yeah and make the base a little less dull.

gallery_22382_946_144354.jpg

gallery_22382_946_193447.jpg

gallery_22382_946_295419.jpg

I like it, think the purple works very well on the seals as it adds an extra dash of visual interest. I like the battle damage too - how did you paint it? I only ask because a patch on his left DCCW looks like it was a drop of very watered down paint you put on the model and blew through a straw. Now i'm wondering how effective that would be... Oh, and the gold looks awesome.

Only suggestion i might offer is an extra wash of black on the flamer hoses to make the ribs a bit more prominent. That might just come down to taste though, but i like them a bit darker .

On the whole very well done!

Al

I painted the seals purple to be consistent with the rest of the army. Red seals don't show up very well on red armor, and I don't like green so I went with purple because I figure it's pretty close to red.

The battle damage is pretty easy actually. I just got an old brush and some chainmail paint and pulled it back from the edge and lifted it a little to make scratch marks.

You're right about the hoses. They were one of the last things I painted. I was getting a little impatient, and they could use a bit more definition. On the table though, I think they look decent enough. Anyway, I'm glad I went with the red. It really helps add a bit more color to the model.

Archived