Look, it's Kantor! And he's DIY!

Skirax

Ok, here's the story behind him:

I don't like the Kantor model, purely because the pose is too static IMO and I don't like the bling.

I wanted to make a model like the one in the book, with him running and firing at the same time.

So, with this idea in mind, I set out to make this:

gallery_39951_4118_1734028.jpg

gallery_39951_4118_31744.jpg

gallery_39951_4118_1659773.jpg

gallery_39951_4118_1303481.jpg

Hope you like him, sorry if the pics are blurry, and I am yet to paint him.

Yeah, I'd recommend practising on the milliput first, mainly because the tube on Kantor has bullets coming through it, and I don't think your tube could. If you file down the abard when its dry, and maybe score some folds into it, it will help it look more realistic

Instrument stores so far as I know. But it seems to be lacking action...

IMO it more seems like he's trundling along, that powerfist weighing him down. Do something with the powerfist arm, pose it better and maybe spread the legs more to make it look like he's in a dead run.

Just some ideas ^.^

The way his right arm is positioned I get the impression it is broken or paralyzed and he is just dragging it along. Im thinking there has to be a better choice for that arm. Sadly, most PFs are only left handed.

I would suggest not using milli put ive used it and its difficult to use, for your use i would suggest using greenstuff as its flexible.

You could model greenstuff on the table, and then bend it tio shape on the model, it makes things like modeling wires and amunition feeds much easyer.

As for the tabard there are hundreds of different places you could grab some, every sprue seems to have one or two. or if you must model one, start with a basic shape and let it dry then add soasages of green stuff and sculpt it it flow... here this might help

http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/~japanime/tutorial/clothing1.html

I know its aboutdrawing fabric, but the same rules apply to greenstuff and any sculpting. Ive found once i learnt these basic rules my entire drawing and sculpting style improved a thousand times over.

Archived