Lexicanium Calistarius

Lavaman

its a very nice model with the overall blending on the armour pretty nice, my main crit would be that some of the edge highlighting is too stark and would probably benefit from a few more gradual layers.

the face is very nice, like the eyes alot. and the axe head looks great.

overall very nice work there dude

Thanks for all the comments peeps, hope i can give the rest of his mates the same kind of finish.

As for the glossy look in places - that's down to the washes. GW claim they leave a matt finish, well that's simply untrue, but i still love 'em :lol:

I'm going to give this guy a spray with purity seal when i'm 100% happy, but tbh i have serious doubts about that stuff, when i get the courage to go for it i hope it doesn't 'frostify' him! i ruined a ten strong squad of ultra's not so long ago and haven't used the stuff since!

I wish someone could nail the reason why it happens once and for all. It takes me a damn long time to paint and to have it all ruined in a few seconds from using that stuff makes me wanna commit murders :)

its a very nice model with the overall blending on the armour pretty nice, my main crit would be that some of the edge highlighting is too stark and would probably benefit from a few more gradual layers.

I disagree, I like them as it looks like he's almost glowing.

A very nice crisp and clean job. Well done!

As for the glossy look in places - that's down to the washes. GW claim they leave a matt finish, well that's simply untrue, but i still love 'em :D

I'm going to give this guy a spray with purity seal when i'm 100% happy, but tbh i have serious doubts about that stuff, when i get the courage to go for it i hope it doesn't 'frostify' him! i ruined a ten strong squad of ultra's not so long ago and haven't used the stuff since!

I wish someone could nail the reason why it happens once and for all. It takes me a damn long time to paint and to have it all ruined in a few seconds from using that stuff makes me wanna commit murders B)

The "frost" occurs when it is not optimal temperature, humidity, and weather for spraying. So, don't spray when it just rained, during the night, in hot weather, in cold weather, etc.

If your model gets frosty, spray him with gloss varnish, and then use the matte varnish again.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/lavaman82/LexicaniumCalistarius.jpg

Still one or two areas that need a little more work, but this guy is pretty much done. Let me know what you reckon :D cheers

Yo, yo, yo GW 'eavy metal painters Ima gonna let you finish, but Lavaman got the BEST Librarian of all time!

;) ;)

Archived