Khorne "Sorcerer"

daemon*hunter

Would any of you think it would be alright to field a "sorcerer" in a Khorne army? Obviously not using psychic Powers.

I think all powers could be explained in Khorne-friendly ways, few quick thoughts...

Doombolt - High tech gun

Warptime - Some kind of Rage or something

Gift of Chaos - Err... Gamma rays, HULK SMASH!

Wind of Chaos - Fun Flame thrower (well... all flame throwers are fun)

--- These make less sense ---

Lash of Submission - Scary roar? Dunno...

Nurgles Rot - Dunno (any idea's?)

Bolt of Change - Fun Gun.

So, would you think this is acceptable from a fluffy standpoint?

I don't see why you'd want to. And i think its unfluffy, even with counts as. But then again, this is the codex thats lets you have a khorne lord leading slaanesh marines. So do whatever you want, the fluff has already been murdererd. Worst you can do at this point is add insult to injury.

I'll bite, since this will be short.

Lash = Rage Welling/Boiling Rage (Fluffy if you make them come closer)

Doombolt = Searing Axe Throw (Throwing axes, go figure!~)

Warptime = Khorne's War Cry (Sort of like banshees, but more akin to the warp)

Gift of Chaos = Gift of Chaos.... Khorne just has his own version is all... (though less feasible)

Wind of Chaos = No, just no.. Cant justify this after having the daemon codex.

Nurgles Rot = No, tooooo nurglish.

Bolt of Change = Can't think of one. Searing Skull comes to mind but thats it.

I do not believe that you can make a convincing Khorne sorcerer but I applaud the idea of using a counts as. I'd suggest that a bargain has been struck with a Tcheench sorcerer and he will be sacrificed shortly after the battle. Staying in fluff and all. But hey this IS CHAOS and you can do what ever you like. Let the detracters take you out on the battlefield if they want a pure chaos force.....Pure chaos? How can there be a hard and fast guide for chaos....I mean Chaos being kept strictly in order.... Oh well. Chaos is the NEW order! :) :lol: :lol:

No thanks. This counts-as stuff is getting a little out of hand, if you ask me.

However, I do think they should have Priests of Khorne in the next codex that give buffs to armies. I just don't buy this, though. Sorry, bud.

Yeah, and you can put a lash prince in there too and call it "tactics", but it doesn't change what it really is.

I can put brzrkrs in a "EC" army and call they super combat drug crazed slanny worshipers too. At some point it comes down to, your army is eather fluffy or it is not. Sorc's in a Khorne army are unfluffy reguardless of what you call them. Some people care about that some do not.

Model some wargear that can barely be described as something normal and throw some bunny ears on it.

If it's a tzeentch sorc put a thousand son head on the base, slaanesh, nurgle, so forth..

If you really want to do it there's nothing in the rules stopping you. You'll get funny looks, be the brunt of jokes, and may loose some sleep, But it's legal.

Until a new dex comes out.

I already mentioned this in my development of my World Eater army. I model him as a possessed marine, warptime to show him "hulking out" and his leadership test to keep the daemon in check, then his force weapon is decapitation if he rolls right. Now, the stats aren't great, but I leave him w/o a mark.

I just can't bring myself to give him a MoS. I play for Fluff, and I just can't do it.

I, like a few others here, was just about to rev up my chain axe when something stopped me - and this is why:

Although having a sorc in a Khorne army is strictly a no go area (even counts as), i have to admit i once thought of doing this myself. In fact i had an idea to use a "Khorne sorc" which wasnt even counts as - he was going to be a full on proper sorceror.

The fluff behind it was that he was going to be a cultist that possessed psychic abilities and was enslaved by a Khorne lord, only used when absolutely necessary to ultimately achieve Khorne's goals. When his uses were up then he would be killed as a sacrifice to the Blood God.

I had the big idea to model him as a scrawny beaten psycher, wrapped in chains and tied to a pair of Khorne flesh hounds who are ready to devour the poor cultist once his 'services' were no longer required.

So there you have it, an old idea i once had but never went ahead with it. But feel free to use this idea if you wish <_<

Hmm.

Sorcerers can't even take Marks of Khorne.

I'm pretty sure "The World Eaters ate and murdered all their Librarians, because Khorne said "PYSKERS ARE FOR NOOBS"

Khornate Sorcerors = No.

Slaves of Khorne being Pyskers = Okay that's fine, assuming they get their heads smashed in by the Khornate after.

I just want to say I use the Sorcerer entry in the current codex to add flavor to my army. Believe me, WE's don't have psykers, however, the lack of flavor in the new dex is astounding. Personally I think "count as" is the only way to make my army as personal as the last dex.

Well done Gav, well done. I hope this is what you wanted. Needless to say, this is a big no-no as counting psychic powers as not psychic powers but not really is just going too far with counts as. If warptime is just extremely good combat training/experience then why would a psychic hood mess with it? Moreover, why would it sometimes fail and cause the guy to hurt himself?

As for actual sorcerers in a a Khorne army, that's just completely out of the question. The followers of Khorne are not exactly Greenpeace and they don't take kindly to those using an art that their god sees as antithetical to himself. This is the main point this codex seems to leave out, that the hardcore followers of a single god are completely and totally devoted to that god, to the point that they see followers of "opposing" gods or ever practitioners of opposing arts or philosophies as mortal enemies. Seriously, this is Chaos, not the the schoolground sandbox, cult followers do not play well with others.

gotta throw my 2 cents in, i like the idea behind this, while dedicated to nurgle, i do have a soft spot for the bloodthirsty berzerkers :P

Oh, and cult troops do play nice, if someone even bigger is around to bash in their heads, they can always kill each other after they conquer everything :D

I have seen the idea of slave psyker done in fantasy with Khorne (If you know abuot fantasy you need a wizard charater to give you dispell dice and dispell scrolls to protect your army and its almost suicide not to have at least one)

He had the sorcerer all covered in chains and such, was pretty cool way of getting past it.

But thats fantasy where you NEED it, you dont really in 40k so leave it be.

Archived