Khorne "Sorcerer"

daemon*hunter

I have seen the idea of slave psyker done in fantasy with Khorne (If you know abuot fantasy you need a wizard charater to give you dispell dice and dispell scrolls to protect your army and its almost suicide not to have at least one)

Really, WAAAAY back when I played WHFB, everything khorne had at least a 4+ save vs anything magic, some of the khorne daemons had a chance of wounding the wizard/sorc with a PotW type thing if they tried to cast a spell against them (bronze collar ?).

Well done Gav, well done. I hope this is what you wanted. Needless to say, this is a big no-no as counting psychic powers as not psychic powers but not really is just going too far with counts as. If warptime is just extremely good combat training/experience then why would a psychic hood mess with it? Moreover, why would it sometimes fail and cause the guy to hurt himself?

As for actual sorcerers in a a Khorne army, that's just completely out of the question. The followers of Khorne are not exactly Greenpeace and they don't take kindly to those using an art that their god sees as antithetical to himself. This is the main point this codex seems to leave out, that the hardcore followers of a single god are completely and totally devoted to that god, to the point that they see followers of "opposing" gods or ever practitioners of opposing arts or philosophies as mortal enemies. Seriously, this is Chaos, not the the schoolground sandbox, cult followers do not play well with others.

You might have missed my original post. The psychic hood could repress the daemon. My Khorne "sorcerer" isn't a psychic at all. He is possessed by a daemon and he is fighting/using it for combat. When he fails his test the daemon actually hurts him.

However, Gav did dork this dex up bad.

Space Marine who is possessed by a daemon that likes to use "pyschic" like abilities.

Yes, because our half-lobotmized warriors will see that as "Hey. Dude, that's totally natural." Instead of the general.

"WHY PANSY MAN SHOOT DOOMFIRE OUT OF HAND? SORCEROR SHOOT PANSY FIRE...PANSY MAN IS SPY! KILL!"

And then there's the 3rd Edition School of thought.

"KILL BURN MAIM! No...was it...Maim Kill Burn?...Burn Maim Kill? Dammit...screw it, where's my chainaxe that ripped Terminators?"

But there already are models possessed by demons, they are called possessed. I don't know, I just feel like representing a whole game mechanic (psychic abilities) as something else is overstepping it a bit, even past trying to pass off one cult troop as a type of another like the people that use plagues in Slaanesh armies and say they are "drugged into a stupor" or whatever else though I'm not too big a fan of that either.

Still, I would play someone that did this of course as it's legal, but I just see it as very iffy. In a way this is similar to the arguments that occur over using loyalist rules to represent secular chaos legions, it could work, heck in that case it actually kind of makes a good amount of sense as some of the things loyalists have are explicitly stated as being used by the legions (drop pods, techmarines in the case of IW, siege dreads in the case of IW's etc) but there's still something that feels "wrong" about doing it because it's just not what it was intended to be, it's like trying to sand a square peg to fit it in a round hole, no matter how much you sand it, it's still hard to make it perfectly round.

The psychic hood could repress the daemon. My Khorne "sorcerer" isn't a psychic at all. He is possessed by a daemon and he is fighting/using it for combat.

a question and why cant the psychic hood repress other demons or possessed ?

game wise makes no sense a DP would be better , fluff wise makes no sense too . But it is free game to have this set up . I remember how JJ said how awesome it was to have an army of 1ksons led by a khorn lord.

Space Marine who is possessed by a daemon that likes to use "pyschic" like abilities.

Yes, because our half-lobotmized warriors will see that as "Hey. Dude, that's totally natural." Instead of the general.

"WHY PANSY MAN SHOOT DOOMFIRE OUT OF HAND? SORCEROR SHOOT PANSY FIRE...PANSY MAN IS SPY! KILL!"

And then there's the 3rd Edition School of thought.

"KILL BURN MAIM! No...was it...Maim Kill Burn?...Burn Maim Kill? Dammit...screw it, where's my chainaxe that ripped Terminators?"

*starts speaking in Russian accent*

THAT BERZERKER IS A SPY! *fires heavy bolter*

THAT BERZERKER IS A SPY! *fires flamer*

Brzrkrs can't have flamers...Hey , I know, You can have a sorc with WoC to "counts as" a brzrkr with a flamer .

I know that. That was supposed to be an allusion to Team Fortress 2.

It would seem it was FAIL :wub: .

There seem to be a HUGE misinterpretation that Khorne hates Psykers/Warp powers. This is wrong.

What Khorne does is that he despise those who kills from afar instead of doing it up and personal with the object in your hand.

Meaning:

Killing with a psychic bolt from the other side of the battlefield is a no-no.

Juicing yourself up with pure warp-powers and then battle your way through the enemy horde and get that enemy generals head with your axe is a yes-yes.

TDA

There seem to be a HUGE misinterpretation that Khorne hates Psykers/Warp powers. This is wrong.

What Khorne does is that he despise those who kills from afar instead of doing it up and personal with the object in your hand.

Meaning:

Killing with a psychic bolt from the other side of the battlefield is a no-no.

Juicing yourself up with pure warp-powers and then battle your way through the enemy horde and get that enemy generals head with your axe is a yes-yes.

TDA

That is wrong. Khorne hates Psykers.

Archived