Kor Phaeron's knowledge of Chaos

minigun762

So if we trace back the whole Horus Heresy, it can really all be pinned on a single person, Kor Phaeron.

He was the advisor to Lorgar who started him along the path to Chaos.

So how did Kor get his knowledge of Chaos in the first place? I don't know if its ever been called out.

In Tales of Heresy, Lorgar references the old beliefs of Colchis, suggesting that his adopted world once had a tradition of Chaos Worship. It's probably the case that Kor Phaeron is descended from a family with a tradition of Chaos Worship.

In Tales of Heresy, Lorgar references the old beliefs of Colchis, suggesting that his adopted world once had a tradition of Chaos Worship. It's probably the case that Kor Phaeron is descended from a family with a tradition of Chaos Worship.

Ahh that makes sense. I've seen references to these old beliefs before but since they never called out what they were beliefs in, I assumed it had more to do with the internal religous wars that plagued Colchis.

However if one of those factions were chaos worshippers, it would be much easier to gain some initial knowledge into the matter, even if the that faction was destroyed.

It was an exclusive clubb. Only cool kids were allowed in the tree house.

The Emperor was rather busy retrieving all his sons and unite mankind. I don't think enough worshipped chaos to give chaos any real influence that could affect people untill they became marines and Lorgar had doubt in the Emperor. I think then the gods showed real interest in them.

So the Emperor didn't detect this hint of Chaos when he found Lorgar or did he simply think a reeducation would solve the problem?

Re-education? No, I think it's far worse. Apparently the illustrious Emperor of Mankind subscribed to 'ignorance is bliss'. To this day, I can't fathom what he was thinking not telling his sons... his primarchs, his leaders of war anything... I mean anything about Chaos. Only to be broadsided by it later on and collapsing the entire empire of mankind. :)

Kor must have been 'seeded' as a sleeper agent for a long time by Chaos. Biding their time..... the incident with the aliens of Interix (can't quite remember) tells me the Word Bearers were developing this story line for a long time. The Emperor didn't have a clue. To me it's kinda like how Light side Jedi can't sense Sithlords! lol

The Emperor not telling his sons about Chaos may have been his biggest error? It's like you not having that talk with Dad about the birds and the bees. The Primarchs are all confused when entering the 'warp'...what is this... 'ether'? How do we handle it? Why is it manipulating me? And trying to get me dedicate myself towards it and marry it, and let its mother move into my house? Whoops... got off track there. The big E should have had 'the talk' with his kids.

The Emperor just can't seem to make up his mind during the Crusade. Chaos is the ultimate enemy, yet he recruits a Primarch from a Chaos-tainted world without doing anything about it, or educating the Primarchs in general about it. He also says nothing is more dangerous than an untrained psyker, but then goes out of his way to leave Astartes psykers untrained and unmarked.

Put simply, the man almost seemed to have multiple personalities. Its the only way to make some sense out of such blatant contradictions of his own edicts.

The Emperor not telling his sons about Chaos may have been his biggest error? It's like you not having that talk with Dad about the birds and the bees. The Primarchs are all confused when entering the 'warp'...what is this... 'ether'? How do we handle it? Why is it manipulating me? And trying to get me dedicate myself towards it and marry it, and let its mother move into my house? Whoops... got off track there. The big E should have had 'the talk' with his kids.

That's a rather hilarious analogy. :D I dunno, maybe he figured they'd do fine with it anyway, I never got "the talk" and I've been responsible about all that... :huh:

The Emperor just can't seem to make up his mind during the Crusade. Chaos is the ultimate enemy, yet he recruits a Primarch from a Chaos-tainted world without doing anything about it, or educating the Primarchs in general about it. He also says nothing is more dangerous than an untrained psyker, but then goes out of his way to leave Astartes psykers untrained and unmarked.

Put simply, the man almost seemed to have multiple personalities. Its the only way to make some sense out of such blatant contradictions of his own edicts.

Well, technically that's true, as the Emperor's soul was formed through the fusion of all those tribal shamans that killed themselves to create him, and apparently they split back apart after his death...

The shaman who now?

Also, the Emperor is now coming across as a kind of con man. Horus was right. I know Abaddon said Horus was a fool but didn't Horus say the Emperor was a fool as well? In either case it sounds good.

The Emperor was created in like 7000 BC when a bunch of tribal shamans across Earth saw visions of a terrible future, and they all conducted a ritual suicide, causing their souls to fuse into a single entity that was born a year later as the Emperor. After the Heresy, his soul started splitting back up into the fragments that formed it.

Anyway, yeah, a lot of the things he did seemed questionable, and certainly weren't the smartest things he could have done. Or maybe he had even more mysterious goals than we're aware of.

Anyway, yeah, a lot of the things he did seemed questionable, and certainly weren't the smartest things he could have done. Or maybe he had even more mysterious goals than we're aware of.

Or maybe it was just the Alpha Legion's plan all along... ;)

Archived