Slaanesh Marines...

Business

Had posted a topic in the Slaanesh forum, but they don't get much traffic over there...

Here's the first post and my response from Bother Nihm.

C&C welcome.

Welcome!

Looking at your fluff list I can't say much as you didn't include your reasons for taking the various units (e.g. dreadnought). :)

But, model-wise, it looks diverse and should offer you many opportunities to build and convert.

May I ask how you plan on including their artistic devotion in the modelling?

Oh and if you haven't seen it already, check out The Xander's Slaanesh army, which is based on an ancient play. link

I think it's inspiring.

gallery_48549_4127_379384.jpg

The Idea is to do some type of wood burning to the wood before priming, or baring that not working, then an intricate knot work that will match the top twist effect. On the models themselves I'm thinking more knot work along the "pant legs" somewhat like the blood stripe on a USMC's dress pants.

Since the lot that I bought off Ebay was both Chaos and Imperial I'm writing their fluff as a newly created/turned Chapter. Maybe 22nd or 23rd Founding. Since in the Inquisitor Thrax article the Chapter had already gone through a purging, and then he was Possessed, I figure that the Chapter "fell" with him lest they and their planet be sent an Exterminatus. Two daemon incursions in the same chapter is pretty bad no?

gallery_48549_4127_680671.jpg

As far as my "Noise Marines" I'm on the fence as to what chapter to make them. I'm using them as a Sternguard and I really want to use yellow. My two choices are Imperial Fists, or Lamenters. IF are for Sternguard aspect. Plus their whole Pain Glove self mutilation screams Masochistic (read: Slaanesh) to me. As far as the Lamenters go, I'm going to be using the Grey Slayers as BA successors so...Lamenters just kinda fits too. Plus being such bad luck, wouldn't you strive extra hard to be "perfect". Hence their perfection, or seeking of it would drive them towards finding something/someone that could offer that to them...again Slaanesh.

Long winded I know, but hey thats what Army composition is allll about. :P

Hmmm Marshmallows...Now I want Hot Cocoa.

Pictures were taken very hastily hence the blurriness. Maybe when I"m not pressed for time I'll try something a bit better.

Thanks though. ;)

Archived