Sandbags destroy a Land Raider

Jangalak

Ok so I have searched here for the answer but failed to get to the solution.

I was playing Cities of Death with my mate and I needed my LRR to cross some sandbags (terrain), we looked up the rule and it was deemed that all terrain was difficult and as such i had to roll a D6 to see what happened to my LRR...imagine my disbelief when I find that rolling a 1 put my LRR out of the game as it was Immobilised.

I guess there are two questions from me 1) Is it normal that all those small walls/sandbags are classed as terrain that vehicles have to take a test on, and 2) is there any reason why my LRR should not have been Immobilised by some frickin sandbags?!!

If you cant tell, I am still mad about it

Cheers for any suggestions

Seems "fair" to me. Its terrain and moving a vehicle through it normally means you suffer dangerous terrain effects (roll a 1 and imobilised).

Similar thing happened to me when my Rhino grazed a piece of area terrain and I threw the first and only 1 of the game.

Wan

Yeah, I think you are right from what I could see, it is "fair" although a bit gutting. I have not played that many games of Cities of Death, but is it usual to have so much terrain that any moving vehicles are taking multiple terrain tests in your experience? Apologies to all if this is veering from a 'rules' question.

Either that, or they were sandbag-mines.

1. Yes, it's normal.

2. No, only in fluff, and we all know that fluff never matches rules quality. Umbrella effects are used for ease/speed of play.

3. Those points could've been spent on that wonderful dozer blade instead of meltabombs, heh.

not sure about the specifics regarding Cities of Death, but there is provision made in the core rules for certain types of difficult terrain to only affect certain unit types. If you agreed before hand you could say that certain diffucult terrain does not affect certain unit types

e.g. razor wire could be difficult terrain for infantry but a vehicile/tank could move through it unhindered

a tank trap on the other hand would count as difficult terrain for the tank.

and remember, C:SM and SW don't have the option of a dozer blade on LR chassis tanks, it's only available on Rhino-based models. not sure about DA/BA/BT/Chaos

Black Templars get option to buy Dozer Blades on their Land Raiders and Land Raider Crusaders. :D

e.g. razor wire could be difficult terrain for infantry but a vehicile/tank could move through it unhindered

a tank trap on the other hand would count as difficult terrain for the tank.

Exactly... except I've always been under the impression that tank traps were impassable to tanks.

"For example, players may agree that tank traps are dangerous or even impassable to vehicles..." pg 57

In normal games, the players decide on what terrain does what to vehicles, including tank traps and barbed wire. In Cities of Death, tank traps are already defined as impassable, so no negotiation there.

Archived