Flamers

Jangalak

Ok so this is the scenario:

I am shooting my flamer at a sqad that has 4 men outside of a wall and 4 men behind the wall, i shoot my flamer at the squad and it overlaps all 8 men. However, the wall is blocking the direct line of fire for the flamer.

Does that mean that despite being under the template they are not hit, or you do get the hit because it is a template weapon and they just work like that?

I did a search and cant find another similar thread although i imagine this is a popular problem

If the infantry squad was split in two by a literal wall (i.e. a terrain model that represented a solid, impassable wall) how did they stay in coherency? Did ½ of them run into a door while the other ½ stayed outside and both ran along each side of the wall together?

If the wall didn’t count as impassible in the sense that the squad remained coherent then it also was permeable enough to allow the flamer to cross over to hit those on the other side.

Seems odd all around. Maybe we need more details on the nature of the terrain piece in this case.

-OMG

If the entire target squad was on the opposite side of a solid wall then the shooter couldn’t draw LoS to them anyway. But, that is if I’m picturing this correctly. It’s really all about the specifics of the terrain feature in question.

-OMG

Hi All

Thanks for comments, the terrain scenario is thus...

A 10 man IG Squad has 2 men stood at the end of a wall, my flamer can see those two but not the others. In aiming his flamer at those two the template covers other members of that IG squad (that cannot be seen from where the flamer is stood).

Do i get to hit them or not?

Of course you do, as the Template Weapons section states that "the template must be placed to cover as many models as possible in the target unit..." There's no holding back, and since all the members are in the same unit, you must place it over them.

For precedence, look at the Ruins section, pg 84. Here it says "casualties can be removed from anywhere in the squad, including models completely out of the firer's sight." Lastly, consider on the next page, a flamer template is placed, hitting a model out of LOS to the firer (because of the floor).

Check page 29 (BRB), regarding template weapons. The unit under the template gets no cover. You also can shoot the template and assault, the survivors.

And if the opponent removes those two models as casualties, could you still assault any survivors by charging around the wall??

Check page 29 (BRB), regarding template weapons. The unit under the template gets no cover. You also can shoot the template and assault, the survivors.

And if the opponent removes those two models as casualties, could you still assault any survivors by charging around the wall??

Assuming you are in range, yes.

LOS isnt required for a succesfull assault in 40K.

Assuming you are in range, yes.

LOS isnt required for a succesfull assault in 40K.

I was about to quote page and paragraph to you.

And then discovered I had nothing to quote.

This has come as a bit of a shock I must say. Well done.

Archived