gaming table

kravi

So at long last I have the time, space and energy to create a gaming table. I want something that ends up a quality piece, but isn't horribly expensive.

The 4' x 8' plywood was easy, as was the two by fours used to reinforce it (no warping for this loyalist :lol: ).

Now I play WFB as well as 40k, so I'm thinking of sticking with a conventional grass looking board. But is there a technique? Do I buy hideously expensive fake grass, spray the board with glue, then sprinkle it on? I don't think so. What's the best way to get a bored covered and have it look good?

Thanks!

--Me

I used some texture in a can stuff from the local hardware store, and a few 1 pint cans of dark greens and browns applied with a songe to a great effect. I like it much better than flock. Or it is at least a good start, and maybe later you can add flock to specific areas create a bit of variety on your board.

sharp sand pinted brown and the random flock/grass patches glued on much like a 4x8 base :rolleyes:

sharp sand is cheap, £2 for a massive bag from any store like Wickes/B&Q etc

the brown paint should be easy to buy from stores that mix up emultion paint, they often get stuff returned by the customer and they are normally colours they dont like (greys/browns/murky greens etc) which are perfect for us

Archived