Chaos Spearhead

Corpse.

I played against marines in a simple 3k vs 3k game of two players. My opponent had all day, I had all day, and we're playing at his house. Starting at 9am, we ended our games at 5am the next day. We jumped in his pool when we got tired of standing around rolling dice every few hours, but we got right back to it.

It started simply like this. He challenged my nurgle to take over his planet. So I whipped up many various lists, about 9 different lists that were all used. He used his imperial guard, marines of the nameless (thats their name) and a short gibbering against his tyranid army at the end. He hates nurgle to a deep degree. The fluff, the whole idea of them.

We played 11 and a half games. I won 9 of them. Honestly, having nurgle marines drop in front of his close combatless men and tanks put him at a severe disadvantage. We played with no assets, since spreading plagues among the civilizations is what we figured would be the best part. We firmly established that my planetstrike landings are a supreme success. And next week/month we'll be diving into regular games in a huge cityfight.

The first game I remember we discussed the strategems, and I mentioned I would choose the darken skies, and all the harassment strategems to keep his firepower from stopping my already close marines from butchering his men. So with the overwhelming degree plague marines I was fielding on average (always near 100) with me able to deploy them close one turn, charge the next. Able to run to spread my men thin, no number of blasts could stop them from cutting his force up. I picked large units mainly because of me being charged by suicide units of 10 guys would be butchered completely instead of a few surviving until next round during my turn. Also to grant the most men the consolodate bonus if he does try it (and he did a few times, then stopped). The ability to assault multiple units at once was also a bonus. The ability to remove entire tank squadrons (one of the few games I lost was him using 20 leman russes, he lost 17 of them).

I cannot go into detail, everything is a blur. All those games in one day literally made me sick of 40k for the week. It was fun though securing so many dropzones for my nurgle to hammer his planet. We're sort of playing this by ear. I figure if I can take out more then 60% victories out of something 30 games total, I've won the planet. If he can manage to pull it back to 50/50 somehow in regular games, then I'll have to suffer planetstrikes of him being the attacker for a few games to see if his reinforcements take me out. He left up the types of games after our day of planetstrike, as long as Im no longer attacker in planetstrike matches he doesnt care what we play, just that he wants a chance to defend his planet after the failure of stopping me.

To be honest, deep striking a hundread plague marines in the face of the enemy is really mean. But, he challenged my nurgle, so I found out first hand why. I went very troops heavy because I believe troops are what the initial invasion is all about. He's more scared of my krak grenades then my meltas and powerfist attacks from what he tells me. And that bothers me to no end, maybe I should leave the fists at home next time around.

The half game we played was our first game, he deployed really improperly and I wiped him out too quick to actually call it a game. We play on his kitchen dining table thats roughly 8 foot by 5 foot with corners, not curves to the edges. I have no ictures of it, and I doubt he wants his many unpainted miniatures displayed online if I had one.

One small landing for nurgle, one huge step for the plague. (he made that up)

Whew, I felt beat though I won most of the games. I seriously think he's going ot have large numbers of terminators come at me next time. His terminators did well a few games, so I think his large sum of money will have me seeing 30 of them soon enough. I'm not looking forward to that.

Archived