Pre Heresy Wolves

Warspanner

Hey

THis is my first topic on the forum so forgive me if i dont know the lingo and such.

So im starting a pre heresy space wolf army but im not quite sure on whether to choose lunar wolves,13th company or just normal space wolves :yes:

13th company is ooking like the best option and would give me chance to model some wulfen. Lunar wolves are crrently on the bottom of my list as there not very wolfy and ive already added pelts and such to my current models. Ive started with big dread and the beginings of some grey hunters/slayers based on chaos mods. Im going to be picking up some chaos warrior legs from my local GW soon to make them like Doghouses gothic pattern.The main issue im seeing is the lack of 13th company info i can find so if anyone has any fluff or useful links thatd be great. So ill post some pics when i figure out how ;)

Thanks

WS

You might want to come to the Fang for further advise but in short:

Pre-heresy the 13th Great Company looks no different than the other Great Companies.

The only difference being that at it's core are Russ's original warband who called themselves the Wolfbrothers under Bulveye.

Although adults when the Allfather came to Fenris the Wolf Brothers elected to go through the full gene implantation process and only a third survived this.

A higher proportion are said to have fallen to the curse during and after the assault on Prospero but equally there were Wulfen fighting in other Great Companies.

It is only because of their ten thousand year mission into the Eye of Terror that they are now all essentially either Wolf Guard or Wulfen.

There might be some in Collected Visions, though the artwork for Prospero Burns is the newest piece and probably the most spot on for what you are looking for. The most amazing too. (Still very tempted to get the wall print of it, its that cool.)

It's also quite possibly the 13th pictured, given they are Russ' right hand.

pre heresy, the space wolves armor looked like that of the 13th company as seen in codex: Eye of Terror (minus the heritic peices, so stick to the codex gray)

pre heresy, the 13th company would just be another great company, though with a higher number of wulfen in it. The eye of terror codex is now moot, so you cant do a real 13th, but you can play youre great company simular to that of (i dont have the codex so fogive me if i get this wrong) Brin Redmaw?

his company employs a high amount of woulfen striken members, and gray hunters. So i would say a company consisting of grayhunters, and support, with a woulfen in each squad... not alot if any bloodclaws, assault squads or bikers... just the cream of the crop. (and throw in some lone wolves with MOTW for good measure)

Archived