Mind War vs me Termies...

dizzy-xc

Yep.... tis a LOS power, so the cover save thing makes sense for once *YAY!*

Anyways, you would get your 5++ but not your 2++. Hopefully he did atleast 2 wounds if not 3... but he should have let you roll.

When in doubt ask him to crack his codex for you.

Cover saves from Mind war drive me nuts from a background point of view, he is sensing you out with his mind, you can hide in a bush for all he cares it won't make a difference. Admittedly he would need to know where you were to easily pick you out hence range and LOS but the bush wouldn't save you.

Cover saves from Mind war drive me nuts from a background point of view, he is sensing you out with his mind, you can hide in a bush for all he cares it won't make a difference. Admittedly he would need to know where you were to easily pick you out hence range and LOS but the bush wouldn't save you.

The stats of a Shuriken Catapult drive me insane from a fluff point of view ;)

So do cover saves work on Mind War? I guess the counter argument here is that being obscured partially blocks the Farseer's ability to focus on you?

Cover saves work against any psychic power that causes wounds unless the power specifically says it doesn't (such as Winds of Chaos)

The wretched Eldar used Eldrad Ulthran and did Mind War on me 2x. Bastard killed my Termie. We argued over wether I get my 5+ save. He said no. I say yes. Who's right?

First off. You cant use the same power twice in the same turn... (Unless Ulthran can...)

Second Unless Something says No Invun. you ALWAYS GET THE INV! There are Verry few things that take away Inv in the game. Even if it Dosent make since. You still get it.

The wretched Eldar used Eldrad Ulthran and did Mind War on me 2x. Bastard killed my Termie. We argued over wether I get my 5+ save. He said no. I say yes. Who's right?

First off. You cant use the same power twice in the same turn... (Unless Ulthran can...)

Second Unless Something says No Invun. you ALWAYS GET THE INV! There are Verry few things that take away Inv in the game. Even if it Dosent make since. You still get it.

Ulthran can. Otherwise your right.

Though it should be noted- he might just have been confused, Mind War used to say "with no saves possible" and was changed to "no armor saves allowed" during 4rth edition.

Archived