Space Wolves

KANAKA

I used Abaddon, with 6 Termies. D. Prince w/Lash, and Summoned Greater Daemon. 2 Squads of (10ea.) Berserkers, 1- 9 man squad of T. Son's and 10 man BL with 2 melta's. 3 Obliterators, 2 Rhino's. Thus "mixed". Annihilation, table length, 12" from center. I'm not familiar enough to name his army aside from 2 squads of Long Fangs, "Lone Wolf" character, 2 Blood Claws and Chappie Orrick. All I can say if it was take and hold or table quarters, I might have done better. As it was his victory points were 8, mine 6 for a loss. Abby did awesome. Good luck out there against the Wolves, they are to be reconed with...K. T. Son's are a force to look at with thier Inferno Bolts, also Plague Marines should do better with thier attributes.

played two games against them. same guy , same army both times (my army was same both times too (undivided lord, lotsa csm's, 2 oblits, 1 pred). We fought to stand still twice in 2 objective games; game 1: he 1, me 1, 1 contested, 2 unclaimed. game 2: 2 contested, 1 contested as hell.

I fought the New Doggies last night in a little 750pt game with spearhead and multiple Objectives (cant remember mission name). Used a Lord in TA 2 squads of 10 CSMs in Rhinos and 10 SDs

Opponant used WGBL (axe and SoWB) with 3 more WG, LW with 2 WCs, 5 scouts, 8 GH and 7BC

Mostly he tryed to hold his objective with GH and grab the others with a the LW and BC the Wolfgaurd are a nasty unit to face in combat but really upsets your Opponant when you shoot them 1 dead wolf gaurd and 1 wound on battle leader for rhino (boo yah) then suffered fron rubber sword syndrome and got eaten by SDs

found one intersting use for rhinos is park them inbetween BC and whatever they would be charging they cant shoot the rhino beacuse of thier headstrong rule and the rhino ties them up for a phase while they kill it.

Their counter attack can be a very nasty serpise if you opponant doenst have the worst look in dice rolls also lone Wolves can really tally up kills quickly if you dont kill them off and unless thier really supped up then thier going to be under 100pts and can eaasly maul as squad.

hope this helps

I played against Chaos with Wolves, 2000 points. My opponent was Khorne-heavy, lots of berserkers (including a 20-man unit). I managed to get the charge from a squad of Grey Hunters and Fenrisian Wolves into a 10-man squad, blew them away. I also had a Wolf Lord and WGBL on Thunderwolf mounts, attached to a 4-man TW Cavalry unit, and they charged into the 20-man Berserker unit and wiped them out in about two turns of combat and I still had around half the units left. His army was annihilated by turn 5, so I obviously won. :P

Part of it is one of Chaos' biggest advantages, Lash, doesn't mean jack against the Wolves thanks to their Wolftail Talismans and Rune Priests (which can both be used to negate them). That leaves Plague Marine spam to try and beat them, the rest of the codex is just going to struggle against competent players.

I fought the New Doggies last night in a little 750pt game with spearhead and multiple Objectives (cant remember mission name). Used a Lord in TA 2 squads of 10 CSMs in Rhinos and 10 SDs

Opponant used WGBL (axe and SoWB) with 3 more WG, LW with 2 WCs, 5 scouts, 8 GH and 7BC

Mostly he tryed to hold his objective with GH and grab the others with a the LW and BC the Wolfgaurd are a nasty unit to face in combat but really upsets your Opponant when you shoot them 1 dead wolf gaurd and 1 wound on battle leader for rhino (boo yah) then suffered fron rubber sword syndrome and got eaten by SDs

found one intersting use for rhinos is park them inbetween BC and whatever they would be charging they cant shoot the rhino beacuse of thier headstrong rule and the rhino ties them up for a phase while they kill it.

Their counter attack can be a very nasty serpise if you opponant doenst have the worst look in dice rolls also lone Wolves can really tally up kills quickly if you dont kill them off and unless thier really supped up then thier going to be under 100pts and can eaasly maul as squad.

hope this helps

It most certainly does

Archived