Another 54mm Blood Angels Honor Guard! FINISHED

Replica

Hello again,

Well with one of my Inquisitor scale blood angels war-band done its time to get into my other two. This one came with a strange power fist and i have no idea where its from, may not be GW but if you recognize it please let me know!

The biggest factor on this build will be waiting for things to come in the mail from overseas, i have a fair bit of inquisitor bitz coming including the bolt pistol and a set of Tyrus's shoulder pads that i might use to make into something like the style the sword brethren wear (thoughts?)

well here's some pics:

First this is a pic of the left arm, with the shoulder pad filed down and the rims rebuilt form green stuff. I then cut the rest of the arm off below the elbow pad and pinned the power fist in place. I had to build up a fair bit of the join with magic sculpt. It also had some detail on the top and sides of the fist which i just smoothed over to make it look more like the power fists I'm use to seeing on marines.

gallery_49031_4149_11986.jpg

This pic is of the torso. I wanted this one to be different from the last i wanted him to be standing still, possibly with a boot on a vanquished foe or something (thoughts?)

It became obvious that every part of Artemis is built to show the motion of his pose, and so because i wanted him still i had to remodel almost everything but the backpack. There is a surprising amount of movement captured in the torso, like the necklace and the tubing on the stomach, so all that had to go! I also took the skull off and replaced it with a gem so make it less like the first Honor Guard.

gallery_49031_4149_6199.jpg

Lastly is the legs. I had to hack these up a fair bit and remodel a bit of it in magic sculpt to get the pose right. I took a lot of the detail off like panel lines etc in order to make him look different from my past one. I then put studs over both legs because with the torso on it they do look quite thin. ( the right foot is held on temporarily by blu-tac)

gallery_49031_4149_443.jpg

Thanks for looking, this build will probably be rather slow due to all the stuff coming over from the US, UK and Asia. All C&C welcome, and please share any thoughts, as this will be slow i will have plenty of time to consider other options and you guys tend to have some very worthwhile ideas!!

thanks alot,

Replica

• 2 weeks later...

okay im back for an update!

as i said this is a slow build but the different components are steadily coming in, just waiting on the helmet and bolt pistol now.

When i got this artemis from ebay it was in a lot of 2 and one of the bolters had the hand missing for some reason. The third one i make after this will be an even more complex build (this one was pretty complex for my skills) so i wanted to adress any issues like this one early because the next one will be sure to have some unforeseen problems as i go. I decided to make a mold of the hand on the other bolter using green stuff:

gallery_49031_4149_9995.jpg

gallery_49031_4149_8496.jpg

Next i used plasticard to make the chest details and to thin the belt a little so that the legs wouldn't look too thin. I opted to go for the armored wiring on the lower torso (Mk.8 i think, but perhaps its still Mk.7 because i took off the high collar)

gallery_49031_4149_4365.jpg (sorry for the poor picture quality)

The last thing i did was scratch build the right arm from plastic tubing filled with greenstuff and pinned into the shoulderpas. I intend to bend the pin up through the hand and into the bolter so the whole thing is held by one long peice of metal, might not work but we'll see.

gallery_49031_4149_9747.jpg

thanks for looking, as i said i still need some bits to arrive and then it will be ready to go together and be painted!

All C&C welcome and i would appreciate any suggestions or opinions, cheers!

Replica

Hello again!

Time for another update! I should be getting the final pieces and day now and hes ready to be thrown together and slapped with paint! First up here is an image of the base. Once again, i've gone with a resin 60mm base from resinforge.com ( LINK ).

The tires are the perfect height for his leg, and a cool looking piece of terrain that wont take away from the model. I've added a bit of sand and a girder which will have some mesh on it. Im probably going to add some bolter casings but i haven't decided yet.

gallery_49031_4149_37955.jpg

Next it the torso withe the arm attached. I'm going to add some wires and cables to make it look a little more detailed under the pad. The power fist isn't attached but is just there to get the pose right so that he looks balanced.

gallery_49031_4149_22228.jpg

thanks for looking, should be updating in the next 2 or 3 days when the rest comes!

cheers,

Replica

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, time for an update,

I have the model together and added some last minute details. I notices the torso wasn't fitting right so i had to shave a little of the belt away. I also had to change the angle of the power fist to make him look like he was a little more dynamic and balanced. I loved the look of the chains on the black templars bolters, i thought perhaps they are some kind of penance, perhaps for loosing a weapon in combat and felt it would add some character to him as well as tie him in with the other honor guard. Anyway, here's some pics just before the undercoat:

gallery_49031_4149_110243.jpg

gallery_49031_4149_76689.jpg

All C&C welcome! Thanks for looking,

Replica

• 4 months later...
hey sorry about dragging an old post back up.

Brad from resinforge here, I sculpted that base and I've gotta say, great work! probably the coolest use of our stuff i've seen to date.

Thanks mate! i love your bases, i bought a bunch of them when i got this and they really cap off a character model excellently! I used another resinforge base on the other 54mm Honor Guard too, feel free to use any of the pics if you have use for them, im a big fan of your work

Archived