WIP Help

TheOtakuGundam

Hey guys, i have a few ideas i want to get started on but i want some feedback.

A) i have the space marine commander and i was thinking of giving hime a PAGK head and some draconic heads for the backpack exhausts.

:P Converting all of my heavy flamers/flamers to have draconic heads similar to those in the sm 'dex for salmanders.

C) Giving this guy a new, more 40k-like head. Inquisitor

D) Making Vulkan He'stan's spear arm, more epic, as if he were in mid throw. (with the assault marine grenade arm)

I really like idea D. Idea C is alright, he looks a bit shorter than 40k scale, but it might work. Idea B is good, you could use the Chaos Vehicle weapon tips for them, I've seen it before, and it looks pretty swell. Idea A, I don't know what a PAGK head is, but draconic heads for backpacks would be cool.

idea A its a power armour grey knight head and the small "dragon" weapon tips for the backpack and regular flamers, large for the heavy flamers. Idea B that's what i thought too but, i use him as an acolyte, so he is kind of young. Idea d is my favorite, and i think i might just use the fancy commander shoulder pad and some extensive greenstuff to make it fit.

Transplanting a PAGK head would be both expensive and difficult as they are all metal minis and the heads are set into a gorget. There are mkII helms available(notably from the command squad box and BT upgrade sprues) that would suffice if you're shooting for a "knightly" look. There's also a couple chaos heads that look fantastic with all the spiky bits filed off that could stand in with a little love.

Still, if you're dead set on a GK head, don't let any of that stop you, just be aware that it will require a bit of carving and filing and the grey knight will most likely not survive the operation. :huh:

Your best bet in that case is probably to start with the grey knight with the most static pose(you know, the I'm just looking forward and pointing my gun off lazily in a random direction guy), cutting his storm bolter arm off with a razor saw or similar implement, then cutting acrost the torso shoulder to shoulder, and then cleaning off the neck and whatever else remains with a combination of saw, knife, and file. The vast majority of the back of the neckguard is attached to the head and will have to be filed down/off, but that's normally mostly hidden anyways.

EDIT: I of course mean the guy who is looking forward and up, who has his storm bolter aimed away from himself(he's in grey knights in power armor set 2 on the GW site). The justicar is also looking forward, but he's looking down, and looking at the GK squad I have that puts the front of his helm into his gorget, which would make it a pain to remove.

Archived