Another Daemon Prince Discussion

DeadSouls11

It doesnt take THAT much energy to type in the whole words. Leetspeak is not my strongpoint.

After figuring out what you were asking, I would say, go ahead and give it wings. The extra mobility/speed is a good thing to have on a DP of any flavour.

I believe you'll find that 99.5% of all Chaos players will say that Wings are mandatory regardless of how else you equip your Daemon Prince.

The remaining 0.5% are not yet aware that their Daemon Prince can be given Wings.

Which leads up to wonder why they didnt just model them on or put them in the box for us to model on. Mine fly on the winds of change, willpower and hot air gas stored inside depending on which one I use. lol

Well I think that the model(s) were made back in the last codex, where you could have the running speed boost as well so Wings weren't quite as important.

Which leads up to wonder why they didnt just model them on or put them in the box for us to model on. Mine fly on the winds of change, willpower and hot air gas stored inside depending on which one I use. lol

Well I think that the model(s) were made back in the last codex, where you could have the running speed boost as well so Wings weren't quite as important.

This, which reminds me. Where the hell are the new Prince models?

I was just wondering if daemon prince w mot, db, wt would be better with or without wings

As a recommendation, go with Wind of Chaos rather than Doom Bolt (4+ to wound with a reroll and no saves). And always go wings.

I want to build a tzeentch sorceror out of an existing dp model i have. I've fielded daemon prince with wings waptime in a few battles to much sucess i was curious if it was ineffectively expensive to have so many upgrades on one HQ

Warptime and Wind of Chaos is always a good troop muncher no matter what you use it for, it can hurt things before you charge. Rerolling hits is very good for facing vehicles that moved or walkers.

Wings if you go for a general approach to the prince. No upgrades if you get him for taking hits for your other things. I'm crazy like that, so far it works, a prince is a vindicator that always keeps its cannon I say.

Im going to run the dp with wings and wind of chaos and see if it performs on par with wings warptime within my army. For 5 points more i wonder if the WoC prince can match 4/5 MEQ kills a turn

Im going to run the dp with wings and wind of chaos and see if it performs on par with wings warptime within my army. For 5 points more i wonder if the WoC prince can match 4/5 MEQ kills a turn

Where I see Wind of Chaos being really useful is anti-horde.

A normal Daemon Prince will only ever kill a maximum of 5 guys on the charge. Now 5 Marines is 1/2 a squad, but 5 Orks is a 1/6 of a big mob.

However if you get 6-10 guys under your template, you can effectively double your kills on that first turn.

In longer battles, the Warptime Prince will have an edge or if the battle is up against hard units (like a Hive Tyrant or TH/SS Terminators) where you really need to kill them fast.

Against the little stuff, you're almost always wounding on 2's and hitting on 3's already, so the HtH advantage is yours already and the anti-horde might be useful (same kind of logic for Nurgle DP's using Nurgle's Rot as anti-horde).

See, no reason for wings to be wings and wings alone. Considering the size a Prince might attain, he could always jump. :D

Archived