Brotherhood of a Thousand 1st one complete!

araekyus

Thanks for the praise and the tips all. I do agree with adding some color to the weapons' case....already got an idea in mind.

The flamer is actually magnetized as i want swap outs for melta and plasma guns. I'll post picks of those as they are done for c&c as well.

Two more tactical troops and my captain are almost finished too; the bolters being the last to do for them. I'll see about getting some more shots in of the shoulder pads if anyone is interested.

Heh, well you have all given me more to think about now lol. always good to have room for improvement, soo..

1. need to get some color on the weapon casings. i am planning on going with a nice yellow-orange to offset all the black/blue/grey. and i have the perfect color to use as a base....(eyeballs Fluo Orange bottle)

2. either reduce the amount of greenstuff i use for the pads or go back to my original plan and use the decals i made. im actually going to try a set of pads using another putty thats not greenstuff. i find that after it dries i can make adjustment with a scalpel alot better than i can with gs. if it does not work out well, im gonna hit the decals be done with it.

ill post results/examples/completed when i get them done.

again thx for the c&c all. much appreciated:) ;)

I love the shading and the orange eyes! In fact I can see that pic being a common feature of teh interwebz for many years as the shading and camera angle really show the unique Mk8 helmet and ankle nub very well (theres only a handful of such pics on the web)

I'm going to buck the trend and say I like the gun casing matching the armour, I'm all for contrasting gun casings with high visibility schemes but this is far from one of those. For the record the official gun casing for Brotherhood of a Thousand is black according to Insignium Astartes.

As regards to the shoulderpads, The First Rule of Green Stuff is: Do Not Use Green Stuff. That is, identify where it needs to be used and use other materials where necessary, I think the brotherhoods chapter badge is really better off being cut out of plasticard and glued on, with greenstuff used to fill in any visible gaps underneath.

I love the shading and the orange eyes! In fact I can see that pic being a common feature of teh interwebz for many years as the shading and camera angle really show the unique Mk8 helmet and ankle nub very well (theres only a handful of such pics on the web)

I'm going to buck the trend and say I like the gun casing matching the armour, I'm all for contrasting gun casings with high visibility schemes but this is far from one of those. For the record the official gun casing for Brotherhood of a Thousand is black according to Insignium Astartes.

As regards to the shoulderpads, The First Rule of Green Stuff is: Do Not Use Green Stuff. That is, identify where it needs to be used and use other materials where necessary, I think the brotherhoods chapter badge is really better off being cut out of plasticard and glued on, with greenstuff used to fill in any visible gaps underneath.

heh, thx for the kind words. the orange eyes are just a spot of Vallejo Fluo Orange with a red glaze to cut down the harsh blinding vibrance of that color. and ive decided the gun casings are staying black/dark grey; i tried a test run with another color idea and it totally took away the look of the chapter in my eyes. however, that wont rule out contrasting details like aquilas and such on the weapons;)

the GS symbols are gone. i took a long look at what i had made last nite and compared it to the decals i printed and what scarce info/canon/pictures there are out there and scrapped the whole idea. it wasn't a bad change; i simply lifted the GS symbol right off with my sculpting tools. i will be using the decals i i printed, gained from our download section here at B&C.

this weekend (hopefully) i will post the final (i promise this time) results.

Archived