SW Terminators

The Trickster

Hi.

I have been reading the new SW codex and to me it seems like it is possible for terminators to have melta bombs.

Is this correct? or is there something that I am missing?

Note I can not find anywhere in the 5th ed. rules that would prevent terminators from using grenades like in previous

editions.

Hi.

I have been reading the new SW codex and to me it seems like it is possible for terminators to have melta bombs.

Is this correct? or is there something that I am missing?

Note I can not find anywhere in the 5th ed. rules that would prevent terminators from using grenades like in previous

editions.

*checks codex*.

Yep, says ANY wolf gaurd may takem, and it sure aint lying to us.

Honestly though, why take meltabombs when chainfists are an option?

Well... Against Monoliths :D

Huh???.... :P What ever you're smoking, I want some. Either that or those melta-bombs.

Last time I checked melta-bombs are still nerfed by the "Living Metal" rule.

It is a long, arduas(sp?) and fairly interesting arguement that goes a grand total of nowhere. It amounted to weapons with a fixed AP value as oposed to str+dice would circumvent living metal. examples of such weapons where vindicare penitrator rounds (ap=3d6), one of the tyranid spore mines (bio acid I think, ap= 3+2d6) and meltaboms (ap=8+2d6). Evidence was that the nid mine circumvented the rule of center of the blast must be over a vehicle or it counts as 1/2 str, and a peice of old faq on the vindicare. Look up the discusion, it was fun.

I just played a game versus SW with a pure GK Tri-Raider list. He drop-pod'd a unit of Wolf Guard Termies with Lightning Claws and Melta-Bombs between two of my LR's. I was stunned to find that SW can have grenades on TDA units, and his WG loadout was kind of a "best of both worlds" approach to hitting hard at initiative while still retaining anti-AV14 capability.

SJ

I just played a game versus SW with a pure GK Tri-Raider list. He drop-pod'd a unit of Wolf Guard Termies with Lightning Claws and Melta-Bombs between two of my LR's. I was stunned to find that SW can have grenades on TDA units, and his WG loadout was kind of a "best of both worlds" approach to hitting hard at initiative while still retaining anti-AV14 capability.

SJ

Yep... one reason to take Meltabombs on a TDA model right there *since someone asked*.

Because 2x Wolf Claws is just a really nice setup, and a chainfist would only slow you down.

Archived