4 Bikes and Attack bike count as Troops in CSM

waaanial00

Hi all,

First I think I remember reading the answer to this however I cant find it in Official Rules so thought I would ask it. In a Codex Space Marines army with a Biker Captain I can take bike units of size 5 as troops.

Does this mean I can take 4 Bikes and an Attack bike and claim it as a troops unit?

Because an Attack Bike counts as 2 bikes in combat squadding could I take 3 Bikes and an Attack Bike and claim it as a troops unit?

I am not doing the latter because I want 2 specials and therefore i will have no body bags at all.

I have limited models and trying to see if I can squeeze my full bike squad into two.

Any and all help appreciated.

Wan

Exact wording says the attack bike counts as two models if a full squad is combat squadded.

The Captain section says that a bike squad must contain at least 5 MODELS.

I read this as if you take a full squad, you can CS it, then yes, the attack bike is 2 models, but if you DON'T take a full squad, it can't CS, and thus the AB doesn't count as 2.

In other words, no, what you list above wouldn't be allowed. Full squad or five regular bikers (which you could then add the AB to).

(IMHO)

Regretfully, the rule is worded:

If your army includes a Captain on Space Marine Bike, Space Marine Bike squads of at least five models may be taken as Troops choices.

Even though splitting a full Bike Squad (8 Bikes + 1 Attack Bike) into two combat squads (5 Bikes, 3 Bikes + Attack Bike), the rule above seems to require either 5 Bikes or 4 Bikes + 1 Attack Bike. I agree that it should be the number of visible Space Marines that count (i.e. 2 on a normal Attack Bike), but I'm pretty sure that an Attack Bike counts as being a single model.

Archived