Alpha Legion wip

B&C!

before i begin i thought i should add my little b&c fanboy comment; i've been reading the threads on this forum for nearly a year now without even collecting warhammer.. just enjoying the fluff and everyone else's work. however i received an apprenticeship not too long ago and i finally have the money to start my own army. :D i have read many of the topics on painting techniques and have acquired quite the eye for mold lines!

so without further a due- the start to my alpha legion!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w256/KAfunked/DSC00319.jpg

not much i know right. however i wanted to use space marine bodies to stick to the alpha marine fluff but remove any imperial iconography.. just to add a splash of chaos- imagine my surprise when i found purity seals on every set of legs! if anyone could help inspire me on my base it would be very much appreciated, as well as any other c+c on the model so far. i am trying to imitate Migsula's paint scheme although to a much lesser standard as it will be my first ever try painting!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w256/KAfunked/DSC00322.jpg

many thanks, mOOF

welcome to the hobby :D

the base looks to be a good start for an industrial wasteland type base. add some other tech, odds and ends (such as wires, pipes, auspex, shell casings etc etc) and paint it up in metallics and you're set.

don't have any cnc on the model as yet. i wish you luck with the painting. has Migsula done a step by step of how he achieved his scheme? if not, there is sure to be a fellow alpha legion player on the boards somewhere.

post many, many progress pics :D

good to see youve chosen the best legion Chief Artisan Moof. :yes:

if you want to use imperial legs without purity seals the best ones to get would be the assault marine legs.

man every time i see that migsulas paint job it just gets better.

also if you need some more inspiration and guidance you can follow the link in my sig, were always on the lookout for more opratives :ph34r:

Archived