Ragnar Blackmane Conversion

Martok

Here is my attempt at kitbashing Ragnar Blackmane. The size is bigger than the metal but some of the parts are stand ins till I have the right bits.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/happydiasex/IMG_0251.jpg

I'm taking Ragnars company in drop pods. Four Grey Hunter packs led by Ragnar and Wolfguard for 1500pts will be bloody.

- Martok13

Cheers guys,

Yeah I will be going back and working on the face haven't sorted teeth eyes etc, so still very much work in progress. Shall update when I've had the opportunity to get to paint.

- Martok13

Looks ace compared to the old model. The paint job is a tad sloppy, but I think it fits with the Space Wolves.

Nice job. I would recommend washing all of the metalics to tone them down and add some depth. GW washes are amazing.

A decent attempt, although I would've done more (matter of fact, I have, see below) to integrate the wolf head helmet to the shoulder pads, either as a "sculpted" detail, or as a wolf pelt head. In particular with the latter, it looks like you just stuck to helmet to his shoulder pad and painted it a fur color, to be honest. For pelts, they generally remove all of an animal's skeleton, so the Wolf Head would be, more often than not, relatively flat. I say relatively since they'd probably stuff it or something just to retain a bit of it's form (I'm not a taxidermist or a...pelt..ist...so I can't say 100%). But take a look at pelt references (Google Image search is great for this).

I would also have lengthened the front paw of the fur pelt, as that should represent the full length of the wolf's front legs. As is, it's very...very stubby.

Just to illustrate my point(s), here's some close up detail shots of my own Ragnar Blackmane reinterpretation (with regards to the pelt and the shoulder pad).

http://www.spacewithinspace.net/images/spacewolves/wip/ragnarmontage.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just being as constructive as I can.

DV8

Archived