Land Speeders

harrybo

Hi everyone, I've decided to take the plunge with a land speeder in a tournament game in a few weeks. I went for the multi-melta/heavy flamer outfit. But having never used one before I was slightly confused in the rulebook as to movement distances and when you can still fire. It's listed as a fast skimmer, so according to BRB page 71 a fast skimmers moving flat out is 24". I thought on the page opposite fast vehicles are capable of moving flat out between 12" up to 18". So my question is how far can it travel and still fire one weapon, 12" or up to 18"? And that means going flat out up to 24" is no weapons?

Thanks in advance!

If a vehicle moves flat out it cannot fire any special weapons or have any passengers disembark. Normally a flat out movement is 18", but a fast vehicle that is also a skimmer can move 24" when moving flat out. If you want to fire a weapon the maximum you can move is 12" (which is still a bonus over other vehicles). Good luck with the tournament.

A land speeder can move 6 inches and fire everything. 12 inches and fire 1 main weapon and all defensive weapons (though the only possible defensive weapon on a speeder is the frag missiles on a typhoon). 12-24 inches and fire nothing.

More than 12" is considered flat out, if any vehicle moves flat out it may not fire any weapons.

Unless a road is involved, the 6" from the road does not change your movement classification, so a fast vehicle on a road can move 18 and fire one weapon and defensice weapons. Though this does not apply to skimmers (like the landspeeder).

Archived