Wound allocation among DC

SnorriSnorrison

We could discuss this topic in a few hundreds of pages, but it would never end as both of us have a completely different opinion based on the apparently different phrases of the rulebook. In mine, it is said that I am allowed to allocate wounds in a unit the way I want(for terms of simple unit: Lemartes was still in there, but not affected by those attacks), yours says that I am not.

I must admit that I am eventually stubborn on this thing, because of that this debate will never end. :P

Again, I am sorry for mentioning this again, please go back to the topic.

Snorri

Hello all in the OR forum. I've brought you a discussion from the BA forum about allocating hits from Genestealers amongs Death Company. Since the Genestealers got several wounds which rended and several that did not, Snorri put all the rends on one DC. The problem is DC are all identical in game terms (same wargear, rules and stats). So the rends should have carried over to other DC.

I'm hoping someone here can read German and either has the German rulebook or Snori posts the relevent part of the German rulebook so we can discover if this is a translation issue or not.

Thank you.

I dont speak german, nor have I seen the german rule book.

However I can say 100% that he did do it wrong. I beleive the easiest solution would be for him to read the ENTIRE section (in the english version the rules for wound alocation are in the shooting section). As the part that proves us right will likely be after the part he quoted.

Order of operations goes as follows.

1. Recieve wounds.

2. Alocate one wound to each model, once each model has one you may alocate a second, and so on (this is the part he quoted)

3. once all wounds are allocated divide the models into groups identical models (same waregear/profile/special rules).

4. Once seperated roll saves for each group

5. Remove as many models as posible with the unsaved wounds (this includes asighneing instant death wounds to unwouned models)

6. If in assult reduce initive by 1 and repeate.

In the example you have given (all members of the unit are identical) you wouldn't allocate wounds at all.

Allocating is only done with complex units.

BRB pg.20 "If all of the models in a unit are the same ,and have a single wound each.......You roll all of the saves in one go (...) and a model of your choice is removed as a casualty for each failure."

You should have removed a model for each rend.

Sorry, I`ve been busy all morning, that`s why my reply comes rather late.

There was a little misunderstanding for my part, because the German phrase in the RB can be displayed in several ways as it is not clear.

Coupled with the manifoldly qoutations from the english rulebook, I admit that I was wrong indeed, each rending wound would have killed a DC member.

Again, I apologize for wasting your time on something very obvious.

Snorri

No need to apologise brother. :tu:

I am glad that if any time I have taken has helped you.

Even if my efforts didn't help at all I am glad to give you my time.

Anything can seem "obvious" in hindsight - it is usually 20-20. Don't be so hard on yourself.

....I blame the Tower of Babel.... ;)

Archived