Noob Question

Darkapostle222

I feel kinda embaressed for asking this, but it has been bothering me for awhile and I need some clarification.

All Chaos Marines have a Bolter and Close-Combat Weapon. What is the purpose of the Close-Combat weapon exactly? Is it what gives them their Weapon skill or does it give them some sort of bonus? Cuz otherwise I really don't see the point of saying that it is there. You might as well just assume they already have a weapon to use in close combat.

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid in not finding the answer myself, but help would be appreciated.

So let me get this straight. Every Chaos Marin, no matter what they are armed with, automatically get 2 attacks in melee?

Most non-terminator units in the chaos codex get bolt pistols and chainswords so they have 2 attacks each. There are a few exceptions, like Thousand Sons who do not get the bolt pistol/chainsword.

Yep, and if you add an icon of khorne they get 4 attacks each on the charge.

1 for icon, 1 for two close combat weapons, 1 for charging, 1 for their basic attack stat of one.

Nifty, only space wolves have models with a similar set up.

Yeah, i've seen scary things from Khorne. picture this; 5 Chaos Terminator Champions with two lightning claws each and the Khorne icon in a Land Raider. 3 attacks standard, 1 for the mark of Khorne, 1 for having two lightning claws, and 1 for charging=6 each. With lightning claws.

two words;

RUN FASTER

Yeah, i've seen scary things from Khorne. picture this; 5 Chaos Terminator Champions with two lightning claws each and the Khorne icon in a Land Raider. 3 attacks standard, 1 for the mark of Khorne, 1 for having two lightning claws, and 1 for charging=6 each. With lightning claws.

Yeah looks great on paper but it's a 500 pt unit (520 in D. Poss on LR) That has to kill more then 2 10 man squads of MEQ's to make their pts back, and can be taken out with massed fire, some plaz, or a well placed template. A good player would never drop that many pts on a unit like that (unless it was just for a goof).

Archived