dark wolves, a wolfy/renegade project

ive got heaps of chaos marines lying their unbuilt and unpainted, after looking through the chaos codex i found a chapter called skrykars dark wolves o something along the lines of that, i got the new wolf codex for a read and noticed that all the options for the chaos marine models such as the terminators with their variety is almost the same as wolf guard and that i can take two special weapons per squad. so ive decided to make a dark wolf themed army using the space wolf codex, my army will basically be fallen wolves with no real chaos attached to it just renegade wolves which have banded together over time. i dont see using the codex as a problem as its not really a chaos army but simply space wolves with spiky bits which dont ally with anyone, so basically the same army but with different looking models. so i will be making up some fluff and a list, and some pictures of some WIP's so comment all you want and ill chuck some pics of some wolves/ renegades

lord skyrar riddick

lord riddick is the leader of the dark wolves, he is a proficient and calculating captain. being one of the most praised captains it was seen that of all the wolf lords he was the least likely to fall. captain riddick however was not from fenris but from a strange planet known as furya. he is only the 10th ever space wolf to not have been raised on the space wolves home planet. perhaps the most peculiar thing of captain riddick is that he has eyes which allow him to see at night, his senses are beyond that of even ragnar blackmane. as a child lord riddick was thrown into a world of violence and murder, he adopted the use of knives rather than guns and used then to defend himself against the evil on furya. it is often said that riddick may not of been able to kill the biggest wolf of fenris or gather the largest belt but prized knives above all else, it was his skill with a knife that led him to be found but none other than ulrik the slayer. ulrik found the young riddick fighting a band of necromungans an ancient threat which has now been all but destroyed. he watched as the young riddick mowed through at least 50 necromungans before being knocked unconscious, ulrik realized that he was definitely a potential recruit. from there however all records can be lost and no other information can be found. he can now be seen leading his fellow brethren fighting enemies of the imperium and warriors

fall of the wolves

the exact fall of the wolves was on the planet helion, a cast out planet on the fringes of space. chaos marines had been spotted "enlightening". although at the time the population had never seen or heard of the imperium for well over 2000 years they had initially given the traitor marines refuge from a huge comet storm. the chaos marines became converting the local populations to the sway of chaos, but luckily in time the space wolves 3rd company headed by captain blacktooth and lord riddicks 8th company. although it was seen as unnecessary to send two companies the wolves wanted to cleanse the planet immediately. after 10 days all chaos marines and their followers were all but destroyed and luckily 12 million refugees of the planet were saved. it wasn't until the 12th day that they wolves were given the order to exterminate all lives on the planet, this order deeply shocked riddick although he was seen as ruthless and cared nothing for the population he actually did. captain blacktooth and his company happily carried on the task of exterminating the planet but riddick refused and tried to stop the captain, the captain refused after riddick begged him to stop, but the vicious captain would not. lord riddick deeply troubled by what he saw finally snapped when he watched as blacktooth cleansed an entire med-station with a group of flamers, enraged riddick struck the captain with his frost blade and killed the captain instantly, shocked by his actions the 3rd company started to fire upon riddicks men. in the next few hours of fighting the 3rd company was reduced to a hundred men as both groups foguth to the death. riddick asked the remaining 3rd company to join him or be slaughtered and they joined him and is fellow surviving men

Archived