A little confusion with the new SM dex...

Kaldoth

I recently got back into the hobby, and I have a few questions about the new dex. If anyone can clarify for me, I'd appreciate it :)

1. It says under the Captain entry (as well as a few others) that you may replace the bolt pistol and/or chainsword with a lightning claw for +15 pts. Does this mean I can replace both for a pair at +30, or can they only have one lightning claw? Seems kind of pointless to only have one claw to me, but meh.

2. It says under the Captain entry (again, and a few others) that the model comes equipped with a BP and CCW. Because of this, they would recieve +1 attack, yes? If the Captain has 3 base attacks in his profile and comes equipped with a BP and CCW standard, is he counted as 3(4), or would he lose an attack out of his profile if I replaced the pistol with a combi weapon or some such?

Cheers,

-Kal

1) You can have a pair... by replacing the bolt pistol on one occaision and the chainsword on another.

2) Yes, he gets the bonus for two weapons if you dont upgrade him, and he doesnt lose any attacks if you give him a bolter of some sort... he just doesnt get the bonuses.

I recently got back into the hobby, and I have a few questions about the new dex. If anyone can clarify for me, I'd appreciate it ^_^

1. It says under the Captain entry (as well as a few others) that you may replace the bolt pistol and/or chainsword with a lightning claw for +15 pts. Does this mean I can replace both for a pair at +30, or can they only have one lightning claw? Seems kind of pointless to only have one claw to me, but meh.

2. It says under the Captain entry (again, and a few others) that the model comes equipped with a BP and CCW. Because of this, they would recieve +1 attack, yes? If the Captain has 3 base attacks in his profile and comes equipped with a BP and CCW standard, is he counted as 3(4), or would he lose an attack out of his profile if I replaced the pistol with a combi weapon or some such?

Cheers,

-Kal

profiles will almost never include bonus attacks from weapons (only real exception I can think of is walkers). The attacks in the profile is the absolute minimum number of attacks that unit will use (with exceptions for special rules like lash whips, or damaged walkers)

Archived