The Gate of Infinity?

the_forgefather

Do you know what it never even crossed my mind but by christ i'm gonna use it now ^^

If i'm right they arrive by deep strike rules tho dont they so I cant assualt that turn ?

Nope, no assaulting.

This used to be a gray area.

Has there been some new evidence for this interpretation that I'm unaware of?

If this is indeed the case then it's certainly good news.

nope just a big turn out of pro teleporters

No, allowing teleport is not the "right" answer it is an interpretation

People say that it doesn't site that you "can't" tele out but then again rules say what you can do not what you can't do. You can't get out of combat normally except for special rules so why would GoI, which is a movement allow you to do it? It doesn't say you can remove yourself from combat so ultimately it should really be Faq'd. Similarly the use of locator beams is dupious. LB allow deepstriking units to use them, GoI places you back on the board using deep strike deployment, it doesn't say you actually count as deepstriking

(just the other side)

GoI places you back on the board using deep strike deployment, it doesn't say you actually count as deepstriking

A deep striking unit doesn't count as deep striking?

Deploying using the deep strike rules is the very definition of deep striking, it doesn't matter if you are coming in from reserves or not.

This one comes down to one question, is the Gate movement? ( by the way Gate is not teleporting, it is a psychic power).

If removing and deep striking the models is movement then you may not use it in CC.

BRB pg.40 "While a unit is locked in Combat it may only make pile-in moves and may not otherwise move or shoot."

We also know that Deep striking 'counts as' moving.

Since Gate does not give you premission to break the CC movement rule it would be disallowed.

If removing the models is not considered movement you would be free to use it.

I believe the Locator beacon (but not the Teleport homer) works with Gate.

Even the locator beacon is dubious as it says when a unit "wishes to arrive on the battlefeild via deapstrike" and the Librarian is already on the battlefeild (as oposed to arriving). It may be spitting hairs, but its enouph to call it into question. For teleporting out of combat, aside from what SeattleDV8 states, there is also the fact that the necron gate like power specificly states it can be used to exit combat, whereas gate does not (Though GW does not show a great deal of internal consitancy so that may or may not mean anything)

Since it doesn't specifically state you can 'gate' out of combat, then it is a VERY long bow to assume you can. I do not play it as such, since it smells of taking advantage imo.

Jupp.

And all other things that get oyu out of CC specifically states stat it can. Such as Ork's power "Ere we go" and Eldar "Skyleap"

So the argument that "it does not say that it can't" does not work IMO.

Also would you get a consolidation move?

But like SeattleDV8 says, then it all comes down to whether gating is movement and untill GW says anything I am allowing my opponent to gate out og hth, (If he gives me a consolidation move), though I do not gate out of hth myself.

Archived