dreadnaught daemon prince

sword brethren

Look at any and all khorne daemons and champions-YOU NEED A SWORD OR AN AXE MAN!

Or perhaps one of these (as modeled by my beautiful assistant):

http://lostinthewarp.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/40k_boltman1.jpg

(She aint mine, i found her on google, but she's frickin awesome!!!)

That was painted and converted by Vincent (AKA Boltman) who is a member on this board. He's been inactive recently, but his work is simply fantastic. His Khorne lord on a juggernaut took home the Slayer Sword a few years ago. At that point in time he had only been painting miniatures for little over a year. That says a lot about what hard work and determination can do. :)

The legs look kind of funny since they aren't attached to a base, and from the angle of the photo you provided, it looks like he is just going to be gliding on the base. The model in general just looks static. Since you can't move the head from side to side, and it has no facial expression because of the chain mail in front of it.

What I'm trying to get at is that, from what I see, no matter which way you attach the top to the bottom, its going to look off. If you're going to attach those wings to him, be sure to add some gears and bits on them. Just having some random dragon wings is going to look silly.

Hope this helps.

What I'm trying to get at is that, from what I see, no matter which way you attach the top to the bottom, its going to look off. If you're going to attach those wings to him, be sure to add some gears and bits on them. Just having some random dragon wings is going to look silly.

More muscly flesh would help with this too. Arms, legs and wings bursting from Dready bits will make a more coherent whole, IMHO.

More muscly flesh would help with this too. Arms, legs and wings bursting from Dready bits will make a more coherent whole, IMHO.

yeeaaahhh ive run out of greenstuff which i was planning on making it flesh with, im going to make the legs more flesh and use the metal as a sort of skeleton with bits coming out, i know what you mean and its what i hadin mind but i cant do it until next week.

where and how youyou suggest placing the cogs alpha? im not sure how i wouldposition them on it.

thanks for the feedback.

Nice work incorporating the Lego Bionicle pieces.

I agree with Alpha, the legs look off unless they are attached to the base. I would not settle for a final pose of the legs until you completely assemble the thing and attach it to the base.

You want the right arm to be swinging back before a hit, right? Look at yourself in the mirror when you swing something heavy behind/over your head. Your legs will not stay static but will automatically adjust to give more leverage to the blow (is this English what I just wrote?).

My tip would be to finish the legs, torso and arms seperately, then decide on a final pose and adjust it to fit the base, then find a way to combine all the elements so they look like they had been one single figure all along.

Nice work incorporating the Lego Bionicle pieces.

I agree with Alpha, the legs look off unless they are attached to the base. I would not settle for a final pose of the legs until you completely assemble the thing and attach it to the base.

You want the right arm to be swinging back before a hit, right? Look at yourself in the mirror when you swing something heavy behind/over your head. Your legs will not stay static but will automatically adjust to give more leverage to the blow (is this English what I just wrote?).

My tip would be to finish the legs, torso and arms seperately, then decide on a final pose and adjust it to fit the base, then find a way to combine all the elements so they look like they had been one single figure all along.

ok thanks for the advise i will bear it in mind :tu:

i did look a bit silly in the mirror though :D

i have swine flu (not a joke i got given it by my girlfriend when i went to see how she was) so im stuck in front of my laptop in bed, that and the fact bitz and kits havent delivered my spikes and trophy racks means i dont have an update for you today and probably wont until next week, when i have half term off i hope to order some green stuff and finish it off

thanks guys!

i have swine flu (not a joke i got given it by my girlfriend when i went to see how she was) so im stuck in front of my laptop in bed.

My brother has it too. Thank God he lives two hours away from me. He hasn't left his appartment in at least a week.

Girlfriends and wives are going to be the downfall of mankind.

Was wondering what u used for the legs! Sounding good so far man cant wait for the next pics.

On another note. I really want to start my Great unclean one! I cant though! Me and my friend are both doing conversions for them and having a wee competition, the only difference is he will be using the forge world model as a base and i'll be uses a tennis ball (No, you've not just suddenly forgotten how to read i am using a tennis ball! :blink: ). Neither of us have any money though so we cant start till christmas! DAMN THE BANKS AND THEIR STUPIDLY HIGH BONUS'S!!!!! :mellow: ;) :angry:

Was wondering what u used for the legs! Sounding good so far man cant wait for the next pics.

On another note. I really want to start my Great unclean one! I cant though! Me and my friend are both doing conversions for them and having a wee competition, the only difference is he will be using the forge world model as a base and i'll be uses a tennis ball (No, you've not just suddenly forgotten how to read i am using a tennis ball! :blink: ). Neither of us have any money though so we cant start till christmas! DAMN THE BANKS AND THEIR STUPIDLY HIGH BONUS'S!!!!! :) B) :angry:

thanks im modeling the muscle now, ill have pics by the morning :)

when you have started the great unclean one drop me a post i wanna see how you do it :)

and grrr banks! :P

Looks good. The pose looks like it could actually happen.

My biggest gripe is still the left arm. It has no elbow. And as it could be quite hard to add an elbow to such a big bit, I would restart from scratch with that arm. Maybe give him some fingers to grab stuff.

thanks :P i changed the idea of the pose so he was walking and hes about to swipe while on the move

yeah that arm is only still there because i dont have an alterantive at the moment, im searching the net for a big mechanical hand but ive had no luck so far.

thanks for all the kind words, im here all day so ill be watching for you :D

ok i have decided what to use as the secong arm, im making a replica of damien's (inquistor argo flaggelant) arm using green stff muscle and this http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_...6aid%3DCDF11%26 when its in stock :@

if it doesnt come back in stock soon ill have to make my own flaily bits

let me now what you think about the idea ;)

Don't know if this would be a stupid idea, but a lunchbreak at work does funny things to a mind. I like the flail idea( and have been following this rather avidly). My idea is that maybe you could replace the heads of the flails with loyalist chapter heads. Add a whole "I have killed lots of you pitiful things" feel to him. Like a more practical version of a terminators trophy rack :P

im gonna put the loyalist head flail on hold because of the postal strike :@

i do have another update for you though :)

gallery_38604_4022_708104.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1103637.jpg

and give us a spin princy

gallery_38604_4022_944934.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_225572.jpg

anyway :)

anybody got any idea of what to base him on?

ive never based anything properlly before (never GSed properlly before but this is a project for firsts)

please dont suggest anything complacated for the base, i want to start simple and if anybody has seen my stuff before they will know im not a wizard with the brush

C&C welcome :)

Looking very good (although you know that since I told you earlier). As for the base, I've seen people use blank CDs and things like chipboard (I think it was chipboard), but I dunno. CDs might be a little flimsy, and chipboard would require more work.

Any chance of a size comparison pic? I wanna know just how big he'll be for when I slaughter him. :P

I have to say even though I am a loyalist, this prince is one of the most original and awesome I've come across, you really to get a feeling hes trying to burst through and isn't up to full strength yet. In terms of basing, an old large coffee cup coaster might work they tend to be pretty sturdy. Keep up the good work though man.

Archived