dreadnaught daemon prince

sword brethren

thanks guys

@cathar: i wanted it look as if the flail was there on the dread and it was just engulfed as it mutated, thats why there is not hand, i didnt think a dread would have hands.

@loring: muscle you say? ok ill have a look when i get home and beef it up where nessicary.

thanks for the help guys, hoping the base will arrive either today or tomrrow so i may have an update for you later :P

FIVE PAGES! THIS IS GETTING EPIC! It's also the first post I've followed from the start :cuss

I really cant think of anything thats wrong other than what I've said, it looks awesome, JUST DONT SCREW UP THE PAINT JOB!

Thought for the day: I want my baby-back, baby-back, baby-back, baby-back, baby-back, baby-back 'nids...

I want my baby-back, baby-back, baby-back, baby-back, baby-back, baby-back 'nids... :P

FIVE PAGES! THIS IS GETTING EPIC! It's also the first post I've followed from the start :cuss

I really cant think of anything thats wrong other than what I've said, it looks awesome, JUST DONT SCREW UP THE PAINT JOB!

i cant promise anything, click on my army thread in my sig, im not so great at painting :P

hopefully i can get better though

thanks

Your previous models look to be a good standard (as good as my army painting anyway!)

Ps I have a photo now! and a signature! The body in the photo aint mine btw :huh:

ha ha ha i hope it isnt, thats a a little to personal :P

and thanks, im currently painting the base for him, almost done, just doing a marine head thats been flung across it in a splatter of blood (would his eyes still be in colour or would it turn off like a tv when you turn it off?)

would his eyes still be in colour or would it turn off like a tv when you turn it off?

They would still have colour to them but it wouldn't be as bright as the display would power down. Watch the first wee bit of the Dawn of War 2 trailer, when the eldar witch slays the marine ("You lost this war before you started fool" bit), thats what you are thinking about as it give a close up of the marines helmeted head as he dies. Loving the base and blood by the way, damn you for using DA!!

Some of the blood splatters still look more like brush strokes. And I'm also not a big fan of drybrushing. It can bring fast and good looking results but it will never replace actual painting, with highlights and shadows.

Are you going to pin the mini to the base? I think for the size of it, it would be appropriate or it will often break off during transport and games.

Some of the blood splatters still look more like brush strokes. And I'm also not a big fan of drybrushing. It can bring fast and good looking results but it will never replace actual painting, with highlights and shadows.

Are you going to pin the mini to the base? I think for the size of it, it would be appropriate or it will often break off during transport and games.

ive never done a base before or anything like this so thats just what i tried, the only time ive really used highlighting was on the DA head splattered across the base.

im aware the blood looks a bit rubbish but im hoping people will look at the massive daemonic monstrosity that has ripped of the dreadnaught, rather than the floor and the head of one of the countless kills it has made.

ill probably pin it yes, i have never done that before but this is a project for me to try new things and expand what i can do.

thanks, SB

i tried added broken armour near the wings but it looked... terrable sooo i did something else...

painting has begun!

gallery_38604_4022_683811.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_811112.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_103578.jpg

i have a black undercoat and i painted all the metal bits mithril, dont mind the bronzed flesh, my girlfriedn said can i paint a model, i said "yes one on the desk that doesnt look important" (i was implying the AOBR marines)

her excuse is she gave him nice skin, all i said was victory needs no excuse, defeat allows none.

any way

i know its not alot but its new so why not

Oh wow, that thing looks evil. This wolf salutes you sir on a job extremely well done.

I reiterate the early comment though, DONT screw up the paint job. (not that it seems likely, given the quality of your other stuff)

wow thanks ;) ive always been quite critical of my painting work, that means alot :)

Archived