Marneus Calgar

You should really undercoat for the best results for the paint. And as has been said, those banners, both of them, are great, the gauntlets on Calgar's one came out really nice

I dont like undercoating, doesnt suit my style, but I may give it a go we'll see :mellow:

thanks for the compliment on the banners also ;)

Well undercoating is necessary really because primer bonds to the surface of the model and allows your acrylic vallejo/citadel paints to stick to it without later peeling or flaking off. If you undercoat white you'll find you need less layers to get good coverage and if you go black it's nice as it's easy to blackline and feels more dark and shaded. There are some paint on primers from different companies (although not from GW anymore) and GW do their sprays (which I currently use since I'm lazy and it's easy!), however I find the best results from vallejo airbrush one. Also, if you like painting onto grey or want a nice in between, there are a lot of grey primers out there (although again, not by GW anymore!). Your results are fantastic, especially considering you don't undercoat, so kudos, but would be such a shame for them to start flaking out on you at a later date! great job matey :mellow:

Archived