SM Assault Squad [IMAGES ADDED]

enigma462

So after a 6 year hiatus I got the itch to paint/ game some 40k. I never own Assault Marines before and I always wanted to paint/ play them so I figured this would be a great place to start. This a new chapter I am working on, I wanted to keep it clean and the armour sort of low key with 'safety color' accents. I also left the shoulder pads off of the assault marines because I think they look a bit clunky with them and the jump packs. I figure this would help them be more agile while flying around and such. I still have some detail work to do on them, but I certainly think they are table worthy.

Anyway, just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks

Assault Squad

Yeah... Flicker seems to be acting up, it wont load for me either (even nor using that link)

These are some pictures that I uploaded to my gallery here, the colors are a touch off (though the squad shot is pretty accurate)

Sorry about the bad link.

gallery_49757_4172_196045.jpg

gallery_49757_4172_51735.jpg

gallery_49757_4172_134013.jpg

I think they look real nice. I do think they do need some black plates though. Also the red seems a bit pinkish, but maybe that's just the photo.

But They should have shoulder pads because assault marines have that kind of bulky up top signature look, but thats just a personal opinion

, if you do decide not to put pads on do paint on chapter and squad symbols though.

The red is more of a pinkish orange color. The saturation of the images seems to have lost a bit of the detail. Perhaps I can get a bit of a better shot when I up load the Ironclad I am working on. Thanks for the input... I am still playing around with a few ideas.

Space Marines look a little odd without their shoulderpads.

Not sure about the grey really. It's a very smooth coat you've got going there, but it looks quite similar to unpainted grey plastic. Maybe a bit more inking/shading, and some highlights. Of course, it could just be the saturation of the photo.

Archived