Marnus Calgar

wizard12

Hi all

this is my first time posting in the hall of honour in the B&C

now, before pianting his base I was looking though pianting tutorials in the librariam and found the lava basing tutorial. So, as you can guess I painted a little lava onto his base.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/Fle15/MarnusCalagrsbase.jpg

I have to apoliagize about the quillity of calgars picture, I don't have a very good camara for this kind of job

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/Fle15/MarnusCalgar.jpg

All comments welcome!

You need to do 2 things really, to make this model look better.

shading and highlighting.

the first one is achieved easily with some of GW's washes.

I'd personally use badab black on pretty much everything except the face, where I would use Devlan mud.

Then for simplicity, just use the same colors you used to paint the model, and just paint the edges, to create a highlight.

There is a alternative way to make this fast and easy, and that would be dipping.

As Rashia said, these are some basic things that you can do to drastically improve your painting, but its also important to emphasize that you've got a good beginning here. From what I can see you've "painted within the lines" so to speak, which is always a good foundation to have. Remember with the washes to water them down just a bit and go slowly and carefully with many thin layers. You dont want to dunk the poor guys, hes a chapter master, far beyond the "dunk the boss" stand at the county fair. The washes will do 99 percent of the work for you, just go slow, and maybe try em out on something else first.

Good luck!

Archived