WIP Imperial Fists

Guyver3x

I like it, to me a gloss finish makes their armour look like real painted metal, the damage just enhances that. It looks good.

Also a tip, when varnishing other models with their helmets off use blue tackt o mask the areas you dont want glossed. :D works a treat.

I use Nordys technique. Black undercoat, Iyanden darksun drybrush, chestnut ink (I use vallejo Brown) go over the flat surfaces with Iyanden again, leaving the brown lines, then yellow ink the whole thing. look up his WIP thread, he has a much better tutorial

They look good :nuke:

I have two comments, first is that, it doesn't look like your thinning your paints much, and some detail is a little lost because of this, also If you want imperial fists, it would be a good idea to mix some sunburst yellow into the iyanden dark son for the second highlight :tu:

Keep up the great work! :P

Cheers mate. The paints are thinned, its just my inept painting that covers some of the details :P Im goint to try adding it next time :) Sounds like it would look good :P I like the dark ochre colour though, don't get me wrong. I love painting fists and I plan to do a lot more, maybe even my landspeeder that I have not touched from my 2nd(I think, the one where dark eldar were new) edition box. But that all depends on how I'm feeling at the time (the advantage of not playing ;) )

Good man :) I've got a fists landspeeder here somewhere, I'll see if I can drag up a photo :P well worth doing! in fact now I think about it, i painted mine when the 3rd ed box came out or thereabouts :D

Good to see another fists player, especially with the advent of foundation paints!

Archived