Rogue Trader Librarian

Brother Cambrius

Well I am really starting to love the bounties that can be reaped from eBay as this dude below only cost me £3 including P+P! :woot: The helmet on this guy is just badass, why can't GW use this helm any more???

The blue's a little paler than my usual dark regal concoction due to the model being a Librarian (Libbys should always have a light blue as their armour colour according to the Codex.) But if you're wondering why there's bronze too, it's because the bronze areas represent the armour worn by the chapter's ancestors upon their homeplanet of Auton and the normal dark blue represented the war paint worn by the tribes. So the bronze always stays no matter what on the armour of the Sons of Doom, but the blue changes in accordance to the codex colours.

Enough rambling then, here's Brother Epistolary Pyrox:

gallery_26154_2055_1787722.jpg

The shield does have writing on it, but it isn't veryu visible on camera. :HQ:

gallery_26154_2055_829472.jpg

gallery_26154_2055_1637835.jpg

gallery_26154_2055_40398.jpg

gallery_26154_2055_3035678.jpg

All comments appreicated.

Cambrius

Very interesting mini, I love the older style torsos.

Paint wise I think it needs a couple of minor things, I'd add a final lighter blue highlight and darken up your bronze areas with some really light watery washes just to grime it up a bit, really give it a feeling of a ancient set of power armor.

Thanks for the nice pictures too, helps to really see what your doing there.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Brother 'Ussell - the colours do look a little flat, a bit more shading and highlighting would really help. Otherwise he's looking really good - I like the colour scheme. ^_^

I had this mini donated to me, minus the sword blade, which was a bit of a shame. :lol:

That is one of my favourite all time sculpts. I used to love Librarians in Rogue Trader times. Psychics were severley neutered for a while, but now it seems more powerful spells are appearing, more variety too. Still not fantasy with it's power dice system...

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers Muskie. How powerful were psykers back in the day?

Cambrius

They had their own phase, right after shooting. They seriously had the power to change the game. But then again there were vortex grenades and tons of other crazy things (although haven't those come back in apocalypse?). But yeah I still have all my psychic power cards from second edition and some of the powers were ridiculous.

How powerful? Ridiculously so. Imagine being able to take two or three (or more) shooting phases in a row, making your opponent miss the shooting phase, double your melee phases and/or eliminate your foe's.

Temporal Distort---;) But that's at the gross end of the spectrum (level 4).

Incidentally, that is my favorite librarian! It's nice to see that the model is still loved.

This is really cool. Did you paint the ultramarines in the background as well? If so your painting has really improved. Great highlighting on the blue armour plates on his back.

Thanks Arsenal. Nah they're ebay wins that need to be stripped. Thickly painted on they've been. The former owner of this guy though was much better.

Cambrius

Archived