SM Sergeants w/ Dual Powerfists and Multiple Combi's?

Top Secret

I just realized, is legally possible? Both the bolt pistol "and/or" bolter can be replaced with a powerfist. I don't see why you couldn't. I'm not sure it's viable, spending that many points for a second PF attack, but holy crap. The modeling potential is just... awesome.

Also, since the rule states "and/or" could you not also take two combi-weapons? Combi-Melta + Combi Flamer. O_O

Legal RAW-wise, but probably not that great from a point cost perspective; a second fist/combi-weapon is usually less useful than other options.

Agree with Chengar Qordath here. Although it can be done, and the model could look impressive, you have already doubled the cost of your model to get it a power fist, why would you want to triple it to get an extra attack?

• 1 month later...
as far a 2 fist go .. i dont see a problem.... other than pts cost .... but a combi weapon is 2 handed like a bolter therefore you couldnt fire both in the same round but having 2 combi meltas seems interesting

... excuse me?

First of all, nothing in the combi-weapon's or in the bolter's description does it state they are two-handed weapons. References to one-handed and two-handed weapons are being phased out. Secondly, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that you can't fire two two-handed weapons in one round because of their two-handed nature: only vehicles and Monstrous Creatures can fire multiple weapons in one round in the first place. Even back in 4th you couldn't.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

Yes, you could take 2 PFs on a Sergeant, but why would you want a 75 point model like that? If you are just after the badassery, then consider a Captain equipped similarly... 150 points for much more kick.

2 combis isn't too bad of an idea, though. The only thing is you don't have any melee protection, and you can't use either combi as a mainline weapon. If you do get two combis, though, I'd recommend two DIFFERENT combis. A meltagun or a flamer is only likely to get off one or two shots per game in the first place, so the loss of an extra shot isn't so bad in face of the added versatility.

nothing in the combi-weapon's or in the bolter's description does it state they are two-handed weapons
Well, we have to determine whether a boltgun is a rifle. It is a .75 calibre gyrojet assault rifle. Now we look at page 42: "if a model is using a two-handed close combat weapon (such as a rifle's butt...)

So clearly, boltguns are two-handed close combat weapons as they are rifles with butts :P.

However, you are right that you can't fire more than one weapon unless you're a vehicle or monstrous creature.

nothing in the combi-weapon's or in the bolter's description does it state they are two-handed weapons
Well, we have to determine whether a boltgun is a rifle. It is a .75 calibre gyrojet assault rifle. Now we look at page 42: "if a model is using a two-handed close combat weapon (such as a rifle's butt...)

So clearly, boltguns are two-handed close combat weapons as they are rifles with butts :P.

However, you are right that you can't fire more than one weapon unless you're a vehicle or monstrous creature.

But the point is, there isn't a direct rules effect of such. But yes, you're right.

Legal to field with two power fists RAW (as has been said) but in principle a bad idea to take a lowly Sergeant with two power fists: he costs SO MUCH for that +1A that you could just as easily take another model. I have two marines modeled with dual weapons like this...2xTH and 2xPF. Both were for my Vanguard. Both have been summarily promoted and repainted (one as Calgar, the other as a Captain). THAT makes them worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

i read some where some time, about reading more into the rules to be able to make your models do more than is normally allowed, is parrail(sp) to cheating for example if i use my flamer, an assualt weapon, can i also shoot my bolt pistol in the same round of shooting? and then assualt? you shouldn't be allowed to, because it ruins the flavor of the GAME in sacrfice to tip the game rules in ur own favor.

and as for the 2 fisted Space marine killi killi action, i'm wondering why nobody mentioned that you can get cheaper PF w/ VVS sgt/ (sort of, you get ur pw for free but the 2nd one is the Full price super smash glove.)

Archived