Obliterators ALternatives

heretic??ME??

Ok I'm looking at putting together some oblits and i'm thinking about using a marine with power fist and a chain in the other. Now attached to the chain I am looking at using either a fire daemon or a wyrd/psyker with pyromaniac abilities.

Opinions??

Sounds like a cool idea. Some other ideas i've seen are heavy duty terminator sorcs, noise marine terminators with blastmasters, various nurgle...things...with goo cannons, khorne terminators dual wielding heavy weapons, and tech marines with heavy weapons on their servo harnesses. I'm going the route of regular terminators with the various different heavy weapons and extended power packs. One will have a plasma cannon, one a multi melta, and one a lascannon. Then they will each have one of the twin-linked special weapons mounted on their fists.

I'm thinking of doing them as a Space Marine Heavy Weapons team. For example, three marines each with a Multi-Melta, Lascannon or Plasma Cannon on the same base. Totally not stolen from an idea my friend had, who totally did not steal the idea from the Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons teams! :)

Yeah saw the post of some weapon teams a couple of months ago, a nice idea its just squeezing all those weapons on thats the problem.. I was thinking on using a pair of plasma gun/ LONG BARREL melta gun combi weapons on two havoc/devastator marines.

1st marine firing plasma cannon, combi slung over back

2nd marine firing combi with power fist lascannon slung over back

and having a flying servo skull with flamers..

I'm thinking of doing them as a Space Marine Heavy Weapons team. For example, three marines each with a Multi-Melta, Lascannon or Plasma Cannon on the same base. Totally not stolen from an idea my friend had, who totally did not steal the idea from the Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons teams! :)

Dan the Daemon over in the WIP forum has done this to excellent effect.

I'm thinking of doing them as a Space Marine Heavy Weapons team. For example, three marines each with a Multi-Melta, Lascannon or Plasma Cannon on the same base. Totally not stolen from an idea my friend had, who totally did not steal the idea from the Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons teams! ;)

Dan the Daemon over in the WIP forum has done this to excellent effect.

Ah, awesome. I'l have to check that out.

I have some old obliterators that use 25mm bases. I cut off the slottabase part under the feet and I put two on the same 40mm base. They were $10 a model and I was forced to buy new models so I felt it was fine.

Still annoyed me when I had to buy more obliterators and have half of my original obliterators cut down by putting two on a base.

I have to add that I think the teams are a VERY cool idea.

Between them and the ogre conversions, I am now torn as to what to do when/if I expand my chaos army to include oblits.

Dont know whether to thank you two for the great ideas or curse you for making me decide.

I did the same as Dan since I dont use and like Chaos models and got my army in the Sons of Horus colours and style.

I just use two models on a Termie base one with Heavy Weapon and one with Combi Weapon and Power Fist and it looks really good nad its simple to make :D

Archived