Turning pintle mounts

Freakiq

The rulebook states that a pintle mounted weapon only has a 45 degree line of sight unless mounted on a turret.

The Storm Bolters on a rhino though are mounted on a moving hatch that I'm unsure if it can be called a turret.

Would a Rhino get to use the 360 degrees implied by the model or is it stuck at 45?

I shall add my own to this and ask my own question since it is sort of the same: as long as you can draw line of sight to it, supposidly I've heard some people talking of razorback turret mounts and pred turrets block LoS, so I'll need some confirmation on that one.

The question though here will have the same answer as the above: lets say I have a pintle-mounted storm bolter on a land raider ok, now it gets completely swamped by orks and the power klaw is currently drawing love hearts in the paint work, now for targetting sake lets say all orks are at the rear of the tank, far from the front where the storm bolter is mounted. Can the storm bolter shoot at the orks at the rear of it dispite the model ITSELF blocking LoS?

If it has no LOS then what is the weapon firing at? If some of the Orks are in LOS then yes it can fire at them, otherwise it can't.

And yes a Razorback's turret will block the LOS of the pintle weapon if it's in the way – forming a blind spot. This is in the 40k FAQ.

Cheers

I

Archived