Brotherhood of a Thousand completes, take two

araekyus

I am looking at painting some dark grey Grey Knights and I really like the grey you have achieved. When (and if) I get to them, I just may use your technique (with some adjustments after experimentation).

by all means, go for it! i did fail to mention that i did the final varnish with Testors Dullcote. Im convinced thats what finally shaded the grey to where i wanted it to be. ive heard that the formula (old/new?) darkens color slightly after drying; maybe i should go ask them. I live and work a half hour away from their HQ heh.

One thing I failed to inquire about is paint equivalencies. I am not familiar with Adikolor nor have I seen it around here (western Canada). GW (obviously) and Vallejo (preferred brand) paints are well known to me. If you know of equivalents in those paints to the Adikolors, I would appreciate it.

the Adikolor paints lay VERY flat and it is why i use some of them. thinned down they are great for highlights. Equivalencies....let me see...Reaper Master Series Lemon Yellow is close and the Vallejo Model Color Black works in a pinch too. You could also use the Game Color Bald Moon Yellow with some white and matt medium.

im not sure but i think the company who make the Adikolor line is now defunct; i picked these up at a local hobby store, buy one get one free. They are still there and i might make the guy an offer for the whole rack lol.

Archived