my Black Templars

Pizzasemmel

Hey there,

i won't loose many words, since there is not much to say.

I am not totally new to the whole TT scene but i have been abscent for a good 4 years.

The gaming itself has never been important to me, only the shiny little soldiers, armored to the teeth and powered by skulls, seals and shouting bald men.

So, this is the new begining. Black templars (cause they are cool), most of the time not playing by the rules and with much more patience than when i first started with warhammer.

Btw, the bases are only placeholders, i think about building a impressive display base with some kind of destroyed cathedral/spaceship (which basically is the same for the space marines?^^) - very dark and very...destroyed

One of the models is a complete replica of a model i saw here somewhere in the forum, please feel yourself honoured not betrayed :)

C&C welcome :D

(and yes i'm not a native speaker so please be kind with me :yes: )

gallery_49861_4187_239895.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_2029451.jpg

Beautiful Templars! Well done! I love the poses on all of them. The only citicism I'd have is the initiat reaching for his sword. I don't think his shoulder pad would completely invert like you've modeled it. The only onther point/question...why did you chose red rimmed pads not black ones. I tend to go along with fluff (black for crusader squad initiates, red for assault) but the red ones do look much nicer IMO.

More pictures please!!

Beautiful Templars! Well done! I love the poses on all of them. The only citicism I'd have is the initiat reaching for his sword. I don't think his shoulder pad would completely invert like you've modeled it. The only onther point/question...why did you chose red rimmed pads not black ones. I tend to go along with fluff (black for crusader squad initiates, red for assault) but the red ones do look much nicer IMO.

More pictures please!!

Yeah the turning shoulderpad is a bit strange but i had no space to put it where it would belong (sitting atop of ths houlder between his arm and the backpack)

Interessting though that you din't mind the fact he would never be able to sheath his weapon in a place like that. But I see this like a comic...if it looks good nobody should care if it is possible/logical (i mean, we are talking about 2.5m men with multiple lungs :lol: )

red trims: you answered your question yourself...it looks better ;)

more pics are coming as soon as i have daylight again (weather is kind of dark right now ^_^ ). Time may be another factor too, have to get back to building my cosplay BT flamethrower some day

I'm a 2m man with multiple lungs, does that make me nearly a space marine?

Hmm that sounds consequent.

/Geekmode on

BUT. This is one of those language problems. Since you don't seem to have a seperate word for the parts the lung consists of, you would say a lung sonsists of two lungs (a left and a right lung) right? And now Mr. Math kicks in and says this is neverending recursive loop and we all have not only two, not even multiple but INFINITE lungs...yay :D

/Geekmode off

(if this din't make any sense at all it may be related to the fact that wordplays are hard to translate :) )

Off topic? Oh yeah B)

Damn it, I LOVE them!! Just so...templarish... B)

Want more!!! <_<

+++ Edit +++

I just noticed the german words on the banner-cross. I always like to see things like that, for its still is a mistery to me, why Space Marines should speak likely english...lol.. :mellow:

Wo kommst du denn her wenn man fragen darf?! <_<

Great stuff!

Any chance of seeing what the guy unsheathing his sword looks like form the side and behind? (the guy on our right of the photo of 3 marines).

I've been looking at doing the same thing but have not found a way that does not look silly from other angles.

Any chance of seeing what the guy unsheathing his sword looks like form the side and behind? (

You took your chances and you won ^_^

Im realy sorry for teasing you like that but my camera is on holiday, together with my mum, and i wont be able to supply any further image material for the next 2 weeks :/

And the pics arent as good since i had to make them in a hurry (the sun is quite lazy those days -.-)

So here you go

gallery_49861_4187_187583.jpg

Some other random pics, if you are interested in my work station and one of my other projects is mentioned before

gallery_49861_4187_691335.jpg

once thing else to say: thank again everybody for the nice replies, it always lightens my mood when i hear my email notification *bing* ;)

-Pizzasemmel

I may steal a couple of your ideas for my command squad if you don't mind??

How could the artist mind if somebody acknowledges his work by copying him ;)

Btw, my Chaplain Grimaldus arrived today, this is such an extraordinary model.

Don't expect any pics though, because i still don't have a cam

• 3 weeks later...

Allright i am back from the dead

Lets start today witha whole lot of awesomeness.

The idea once again came more or less directly from this forum. I read a reply to someone's dead terminator from Space Hulk in whcih he said he was sick of this model and someone should convert it. Well thats what i did and here we are

No name, no background, just looking cool (on a sidenote: this is WIP, some script is missing, the underground is not finished at all, etc.)

gallery_49861_4187_291077.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_266243.jpg

Comments are, as always, welcome

Archived