my Black Templars

Pizzasemmel

Beautiful work.

What material is the banner made of?

Thanks for the flowers :D

The banner is made of plasticcard which i nearly melted with a hot air gun. And since plastic bends itself when getting hot this was the result.

After that i added the damage with a small drill and a cutter.

Beautiful work. What hasn't been said already?

I think my favorite part is the fact they appear very... 'crusadey'. Kingdom of Heaven comes to mind. Which was what motivated me greatly during my second Black Templars army.

You are a temptress though.... Could I possibly start up a third Black Templar army? Nah... I couldn't do it.

I think my favorite part is the fact they appear very... 'crusadey'. Kingdom of Heaven comes to mind. Which was what motivated me greatly during my second Black Templars army.

That part with the crusadey look...thats exactly what i was going for, i am glad i turned out that way :P

You are a temptress though.... Could I possibly start up a third Black Templar army? Nah... I couldn't do it.

Yeah you could!

Do it. You know Red Corsairs are just a fling and will never love you like Black Templars do.

Are you guys trying to tempt me? The Marshal (my wife) would kill me if she knew I started another project. My closet o' shame is bursting from the seams.

Pizza has done an awesome job and really does capture the elements of the army that let you get away with a dark colour. The heraldry and tapestry/standard work is stellar. That the direction I started going in the end... It's the way I *would* do it again.... but after selling two of these armies on eBay... I don't have it in me, but it's nice to see some new guys step to the plate. :P

ladys and gentlemen, the show continues.

Today we have to offer you Chaplain Grimbaldus, a mini that catches the spirit of the BT just perfect. The only downside was that it is a metal miniature and i hate those things...

In case you should wonder how i managed to paint that fast - I don't, I just take pics one by one

btw, i am looking for ideas and inspirtaion for the bases...so if you have any nice pics of templarish ruins, or anything crusadey or anything else you just think perfect...post it please <_< (a quick note: i am planning a diorama base so i am especially interessted in huge bases or display bases)

gallery_49861_4187_143196.jpg

btw, i am looking for ideas and inspirtaion for the bases...so if you have any nice pics of templarish ruins, or anything crusadey or anything else you just think perfect...post it please (a quick note: i am planning a diorama base so i am especially interessted in huge bases or display bases)

How about bark/slate/wood chippings? Or, if you've got the money, the stuff this guy uses:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...4659&st=125

(you should be looking on page six, the third post shows what I'm talking about and where he gets it-though there are other showings of it. I goes to at least big enough for a dread-3rd page, half way down. I think he is Danish though so you might need to ship it.)

Another great example! I've always thought he's urging his marines into a righteous charge. I think a diorama seeing a crusader squad charging past him, with him raised on some raised platform of some kind would be great. I've always preferred more futuristic bases, but templars do look great in appropriately gothic surroundings. Perhaps a bit of a mix would look great.

• 1 month later...

Archived