Grey Hunter Squad

nurglespuss

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs229.snc1/7617_310326770322_633810322_9138413_700955_n.jpg

Hi all! Well you've seen the conversions aleady, done most of their painting this evening, just gaming standard, trying to paint things up as quickly as possible.

But please, let me know what you think!

I like them, but (yep, there's always a but <_< ) the yellow on the bolters looks flat compared to the rest of the model. I'd suggest adding more highlights, can't really tell if the yellow is highlighted from the pic, or gritting it up somehow.

They all look really nice.

But for the yellow on the bolters i would suggest that you start from the ochra foundation paint,

do a brown wash with the new washes.

Then highlight with the darksun foundation paint

Then finaly add some white into the mix for the edges.

I know this seems a little to long for speed painting but i would suggest doing other parts of the models inbetween.

Hope this helps.

If you want a golden yellow then follow this (though it can end up a little shiny)

50/50 mis of foundation orange and deneb stone.

Add more deneb stone.

Edge highlight with deneb.

Then mix yellow ink and wash to a mice consistancy and apply and wait till its dried.

This is what iv used in the past and it looks amazing.

You can even add a brown wash to finish it off.

Hi there ;) yep the bolters were painted as in method one, then glazed with sunburst yellow to bring the ywllow back out. But your right, in that photo they look Like a thunderbird 4!

Thanks all! now looking at devastators to put together (If i can find enough bodies/bits!).

Archived