A teaser

I love the guy with two swords...

paint scheme looks a little bright, but that's what space marines are all about...

All looks good, well done *thumbs up*

Mal

P.S the banner doesn't look too bad, can't wait to see it painted

That banner will always be a point of contention! The idea was to use all the backpack banners I never use elsewhere (I dislike them being on backpacks), so I figured I'd do something somewhat outrageous.

Doing two more of the Honour Guard, and then basing the lot of them before they show up on the Hall of Honor. So that'll be just before Christmas, considering how slowly I work. Hopefully I'll have my Master of Sanctity done by then too. It'll be a holiday bonanza.

Whilst the idea of the banner is brilliant, and should look amazing painted, the banner doesn't follow aesthetic cohesion - the top banner is blowing towards the (camera)left, whilst the other two are blowing to the (camera)right.

I do love the metallic scheme however :devil: <_<

Whilst the idea of the banner is brilliant, and should look amazing painted, the banner doesn't follow aesthetic cohesion - the top banner is blowing towards the (camera)left, whilst the other two are blowing to the (camera)right.

I do love the metallic scheme however :P :nuke:

I, too, was a little thrown by the incongruence, but I left it a while and came to the conclusion that my GS-fu is too weak to offer a better alternative, considering the effect I was intending to achieve. Plus, when I looked at it again, it didn't spring out at me as being highly incoherent, or at least not incoherent enough to throw the model off. It is heavy though, so it could potentially throw the model off physically. Also, the Chapter Champion (the chap with the paired swords) is already proving to be a royal pain, transportation-wise.

Better pictures will be compiled in the Hall of Honor thread for these guys, so unless something else in the unit ends up being WiP'd before then (unlikely), it'll be a bit of a wait for more pictures. I may post a WiP of my Master of Sanctity at some point though, probably just after my exams.

EDIT: Until then, feel free to browse Grail Company in my signature to see where I've come from and where my conversion roots lie.

NICE,

I like the Banner, I agree that the wind is a bit crazy, but it works. Is the standard guy going to have the same leather skirt as the other two guys? Is he also missing a head? Or is it just in the shade and black so I can't really see it.

Really like them though, I like how the Grenade launchers look on the bottom, the gold's looking really nice too, and the Champion's skirt was a good choice to go with the blue, looks nice!

-Shadow

Archived