[Assassin - Vindicare] - is it really possible?

Albion de Heaven

Hi all vets, this morning I was reading a nice article on BellsOfLostsouls about Vindicare Assassins

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/10/40k...e-assassin.html

Since it says that you can fire ignoring all fire restrictions is it really possible? you can fire to your own models and do it even if they are in close combact??

its dubious, as Gtang said firing into combat fine, own troops im unsure but given how it says under various rules that you can't target friends then it seems that saying you can ignore these things means you can shoot your own

agreed - the Vindicare can shoot anyone, at any time. it's not too out of line, comisars kill cadian JO's, why wouldn't an assassin feel free to shoot "friendlies"? if it's for the good of the emperor, they have given their life in service.

agreed - the Vindicare can shoot anyone, at any time. it's not too out of line, comisars kill cadian JO's, why wouldn't an assassin feel free to shoot "friendlies"? if it's for the good of the emperor, they have given their life in service.

i love this assassin even more :tu:

thanx everybody

Why would you want to, the only thing i can think of is to deny consolidation moves

There is talk in the space wolf forum of getting Lukas into close combat and shooting him with an assassin.

Why would you want to, the only thing i can think of is to deny consolidation moves

I am locked in combat with something big and want to shoot it, but can't

instead, i pop my single guy left, and then use huge-las cannons on it

There is talk in the space wolf forum of getting Lukas into close combat and shooting him with an assassin.

sorry i dont understand.. im not too familiar with Lukas, but surely it would be a waste of a good/expensive IC?

Gc08

If Lukas dies, all models based with him are removed from play. He's not an IC, so he can't be singled out in combat, and you can only allocate one wound to him at a time. Then he gets his armor save and such, so it's actually tough to kill him and get his Stasis Bomb to work.

But if you shoot him with your assassin, he's guaranteed to die and explode, taking whatever he's in base contact with along for the ride. Base Ghaz'gul Thraka or a Hive Tyrant with Lukas, blow him up, and eliminate a huge factor from your opponent's force.

I can see opposing players pitching a fit if/when you pull it off.

sorry i dont understand.. im not too familiar with Lukas, but surely it would be a waste of a good/expensive IC?

Gc08

If Lukas dies, all models based with him are removed from play. He's not an IC, so he can't be singled out in combat, and you can only allocate one wound to him at a time. Then he gets his armor save and such, so it's actually tough to kill him and get his Stasis Bomb to work.

But if you shoot him with your assassin, he's guaranteed to die and explode, taking whatever he's in base contact with along for the ride. Base Ghaz'gul Thraka or a Hive Tyrant with Lukas, blow him up, and eliminate a huge factor from your opponent's force.

I can see opposing players pitching a fit if/when you pull it off.

You still have to win a dice off for lukas's bomb to go off. but yeah I can see the use.

But yes, Vindicar are one of the two models in the game that can be used to intentionaly attack into a melee (or your own people)

As for shooting Lukas, wouldn't it make more sense to wait and see if he could kill that big, expensive model and then bomb someone else later?

or just wait for the enemy model to kill him and save the assasin shot for something else, i still fail to see the point of shooting your own IC

As for shooting Lukas, wouldn't it make more sense to wait and see if he could kill that big, expensive model and then bomb someone else later?

or just wait for the enemy model to kill him and save the assasin shot for something else, i still fail to see the point of shooting your own IC

But, he ISN'T an IC. Which means by the time he dies, your squad is munched. Vindicare keeps the squad alive.

I'm sorry but would it not make more sense to allow him to do his wounds first (if he can cause any) rather than just popping him? That seems stupid to me to just kill him before letting him at least take a swing at something. If he's not going to die to what he's fighting than obviously he's going to kill it so I see no reason to just blow him away unless for some reason he's the very last guy against the one model that's contesting the one objective which will give you the win if you can just kill him AND get the bomb off.

That seems like pure silliness to not allow him his strikes first, if you're just planning on letting him die anyways.

I'm sorry but would it not make more sense to allow him to do his wounds first (if he can cause any) rather than just popping him? That seems stupid to me to just kill him before letting him at least take a swing at something. If he's not going to die to what he's fighting than obviously he's going to kill it so I see no reason to just blow him away unless for some reason he's the very last guy against the one model that's contesting the one objective which will give you the win if you can just kill him AND get the bomb off.

That seems like pure silliness to not allow him his strikes first, if you're just planning on letting him die anyways.

Assault takes place after shooting.

In order to have enemies in base to base... they must be in assault.

Thus, theyve had ATleast one round of assault to work with and have survived... but that doesnt mean they arent about to get their butts kicked.

The one thing I'd have to say is that it seems like a massive points sink for 1 tactic which may or may not work.

In addition to lukas' points cost you've got the addition of a minimum of 2 squads of IST's (bare bones of 100pts), an inquisitor lord to satisfy the HQ FOC & unlock the vindicare. That's knocking on for 250pts without any other wargear/upgrades etc, 250pts which i would imagine could be better spent on some other stuff out of the 5th ed friendly C:SW rather than the historical documents we know as C:WH/C:DH.

The one thing I'd have to say is that it seems like a massive points sink for 1 tactic which may or may not work.

In addition to lukas' points cost you've got the addition of a minimum of 2 squads of IST's (bare bones of 100pts), an inquisitor lord to satisfy the HQ FOC & unlock the vindicare. That's knocking on for 250pts without any other wargear/upgrades etc, 250pts which i would imagine could be better spent on some other stuff out of the 5th ed friendly C:SW rather than the historical documents we know as C:WH/C:DH.

IST's don't have to be included if you're allying the WH/DH into another list.

IST's don't have to be included if you're allying the WH/DH into another list.

Really? Not being one that uses allies I'm none too familiar with those rules so I'll take your word for it. I thought you had to have a minimum of 1 HQ and 2 troop choices to satisfy the allying FOC?

Archived