WG dedicated transports

Wildfire

I was wondering what people think would happen if a unit of wolf guard purchased a dedicated transport, and all the wolf guard were subsequently parceled out to other squads?

For instance, army contains 3 wolf guard in rhino, 2 grey hunter squads, and a blood claw squad. The wolf guard gets seperated, one to each squad. Does the SW player get to place any squad with one of the wolf guard in it into the rhino during deployment? Does the rhino count as dedicated to the now non-existant WG squad (allowing no units placed in it during deployment what-so-ever)? Something else?

In that scenario I would put the transport with one of the squads that any of the WG were attached to.

I think it would be a stretch and un-sportsman to give hat transport to another unit that does not have a WG in it at all.

Ive pondered this as well. If I have a number of WG left, I would put the transport with them and who ever else they are body guarding in that respect.

the reading that adds least to the rules is as Grey Mage states - no one may embark to begin, but the transport follows typical rules after, allowing anyone to embark from the start of turn 1 movement phase on.

the reading that adds least to the rules is as Grey Mage states - no one may embark to begin, but the transport follows typical rules after, allowing anyone to embark from the start of turn 1 movement phase on.

Could have sworn I posted in the thread. But yeah, Its still dedicated to the wolf guard unit, even if that unit no longer exists. No one may be embarked at deployment.

Archived