Dorn is Here!

For those who may remember about a year ago, I asked Hash (username) to sculpt up a table top warrior who was a no nonsense no frills battle master. After he posted a few WIP photos, I lost contact with him and thought Dorn was gone for good. Turns out that I found who was molding him and got Dorn back! Yes...

So here are a few pics.

gallery_29938_2167_119566.jpg

I was very impressed with the molding, nice clean, and very little flash. Very clear details. Good scale.

gallery_29938_2167_103669.jpg

gallery_29938_2167_11670.jpg

I wish some of the scuplting was different, like a detached head and detached shoulders so I could reposition arms and head.

I also wanted a bigger hammer. But that was easily changed.

gallery_29938_2167_38553.jpg

I picked up a real nice base for him and here are a few comparison pics.

gallery_29938_2167_131223.jpg

And against another primarch...

gallery_29938_2167_20292.jpg

I hope to have him painted up over the weekend.

I posted these pics in this forum for your viewing pleasure/comments not as an advertisement to sell them so please refrain from asking how to buy in this thread/forum. Thank you

If you could give me a few pointers on how you casted him and where you got the supplies from, it would be greatly appreciated. The sculpt turned out awesome.

That Horus sculpt bothers the hell out of me. He's falling over. :down:

If you could give me a few pointers on how you casted him and where you got the supplies from, it would be greatly appreciated. The sculpt turned out awesome.

That Horus sculpt bothers the hell out of me. He's falling over. :down:

Yeah, Dorn is looking pretty awesome. Horus does look like he should be ascending some steps though ;)

the metal hammer is from a very rare sculpt of the Emperor...

hash does some good work...

too bad he flaked on this project...

good job trackin' this mini down...

look forward to seein' him in colour...

cheers

jah

Hey do you have any pictures of the mini you took the hammer from?

can't wait to see this mini painted!

I can help there Sir-DX. Model unassembled.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/Eberious/f996_1.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/Eberious/fa12_1.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/Eberious/fb2d_1.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/Eberious/fd80_1.jpg

I like it, Dorn that is. But like you said would be better if came in more seperate parts.

Excellent comments.. points to Jah-Joshua for the source of the hammer and double points to Eberious for finding my old pics of the Emperor. I asked for a Dorn that was post heresy - Iron cage era. Mad as heck and not going to take it any more, adorned with the different aspects of the successor chapters. Aschewing any orniments that would hinder him in battle. and we all know capes kill superheroes.

Sorry Alpha PTP, I can't tell you how to cast or give any pointers, because I don't have a clue (there are several tutorials on this website) . The excellent scluptors over in Poland did the actual casting.

Justin Kase - I dont know if the emperor is still available from other sources.. I think I found him over in the Great Crusade website.

I hope to have Dorn painted soon.. my paint on primer is dried out...arrrghh.

Excellent comments.. points to Jah-Joshua for the source of the hammer and double points to Eberious for finding my old pics of the Emperor. I asked for a Dorn that was post heresy - Iron cage era. Mad as heck and not going to take it any more, adorned with the different aspects of the successor chapters. Aschewing any orniments that would hinder him in battle. and we all know capes kill superheroes.

Sorry Alpha PTP, I can't tell you how to cast or give any pointers, because I don't have a clue (there are several tutorials on this website) . The excellent scluptors over in Poland did the actual casting.

Justin Kase - I dont know if the emperor is still available from other sources.. I think I found him over in the Great Crusade website.

I hope to have Dorn painted soon.. my paint on primer is dried out...arrrghh.

looks swish, if they are casting it can we still buy him?

Thank you all for the good comments... there is no url / website / store selling these. It was a private sclupt and casting of twenty five figures only.

Please refrain from asking about purchasing through this forum. All other comments are appreciated.

Thank you

That is the best Dorn I have ever seen! That emperor mini is greattoo, I have an old Ronin miniaturs one, slightly dierent model to that particular one, and am looking to get rid of it, but if you know, what company produced that emperor?

Cheers

Sorry - I was actually asking about the URL for the Great Crusade site, not for the guy ;)

But, back on topic :) I really like the switch over to the other hammer, and it is rather fitting for Dorn to be weilding the Emperor's Hammer ;)

One question though, will anything be going on his back? Will he just get the standard backpack?

Sorry Justin.. my defensive shields are up.. Iacton (username) pointed me over to a really cool site last year.. neat stuff though most of it has been copied or pull over here by now. There are some good trading pages..The Great Crusade website

I will post a better pic of the back..it is rather blank until you notice the vents at the base.. so if you wanted to add any accessories the choices are wide open..capes, iron halos, big eagle, battle standard, wings, psychic hood, search lights, cyclone missile pack, skeleton parts...the list goes on. I wanted this model in resin to make it your own..it is really easy to cut, carve and sand.

Really nice piece, Br. Richard. Nice catch on persevering with picking up the cast in the end :D

To head off the buying/trading questions - the "Emperor" model in the photos above is called "The Baron" and was produced briefly via Rolljordan's website. It is no longer "in production" and rare as rocking horse doo-doo to get hold of... [smug voice]I has one[/smug voice]

For all other Primarch and pre-Heresy resources I would suggest that you visit the Great Crusade website - LINKY and have a look at the trading post for more info if you're a buyer ;)

Back to the topic now. Judging by the way that the sculpt is set up, terminator parts could very easily be adapted to fit this model, and adorn him with all kinds of goodness.

Good work, and I want to see a painted version here soon!! ^_^

As requested a pic of the back..you can see the vents on the lower back..the rest is waiting for a personal touch, fur, cloak, cape, hardware.. I have already listed a few options above.

gallery_29938_2167_47971.jpg

I was just thinking of keeping it more like a warrior on the battle field instead of the poser style (I'm a primarch..strike a pose). I just now thought about attaching the Dornian Evisorator Chainsword of Doom to the back or maybe a Big Bolter of Badness.

Archived