complete zerker squad :)

sword brethren

A bit monochromatic for my taste, but overall very nice! One question though...where are the bunny ears...

well as they are bezerkers for my renegade chapter and not the world eaters i figured they wouldnt have bunny ears (plus i think they look rediculus)

Well...the bunny ears are more for Khorne in general and not just his favored legion, but I respect that you don't like them, many don't. I'm quite fond of them, myself ;).

I like the different colour scheme, it makes a good change to red. The half-bionic sergeant head you used looks great there, almost as if the model's face was being eaten away by daemonic metal.

I think that a few washes on the metallics followed by some more highlighting would really improve the look of your troops, I did this when I painted my WHFB Empire Knights and it looked a lot better once I added dark and light spots consistently. The bown inner pad could do with some dark lining around the edges of the pad rim, if you find it hard to do with a brush, a sepia or black fineliner felt-tip pen (0.1 or 0.05 mm) is easy to use and once you dull down the shine with a light wash, it looks nice.

Also, I must admit to not being totally convinced by the blood effects on the weapons. Here's an excellent blood effects tutorial from the Librarium, you might not want to spend more money on the Tamiya red, but maybe you can use it as a level of realism to aspire to. If you do a fair bit of Khornate stuff I'd say it's worth investing in that Tamiya pot.

thanks for the complements guys and yes they are the Iron Grasp, Iron Hands successors with a lust for more power than bionics can give you :P

ill have a look at some tamiya red soon when the post strike end, i really think the tutorial is usful.

thanks for the tips and suggestions :)

Nice work!

I really like the uncommon look of your zekers - silver instead of red, no bunny ears, they look .... a bit 'fresh' B)

Really, it's a good squad you have!

But I have one little comment - as StratoKhan said, the blood on their weapons could a bit more eloquent. Make red more dark and thick, so it would achieve more gore-look.

Nice work!

I really like the uncommon look of your zekers - silver instead of red, no bunny ears, they look .... a bit 'fresh' ;)

But I have one little comment - as StratoKhan said, the blood on their weapons could a bit more eloquent. Make red more dark and thick, so it would achieve more gore-look.

im looking for stuff now for more realistic blood, thanks for the suggestion ;)

uncommon and fresh, i hope thats a good thing :P

thanks alot for the comments guys

Nice work!

I really like the uncommon look of your zekers - silver instead of red, no bunny ears, they look .... a bit 'fresh' :D

im looking for stuff now for more realistic blood, thanks for the suggestion :huh:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Keller/WorldEaters09/world_eaters_054.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Keller/WorldEaters09/world_eaters_051.jpg

One of my World Eater termies. For the blood affect, I used Tamiya Brand Clear Red paint, that I mixed with a bit of black ink. Tamiya is a thicker, congealing paint, that provides a very realistic and rich gore effect.

Cheers.

wow thats disgusting! i just ordered my tamiya red :lol:

hopefully the weapons will be succesfully quenched when it gets here

thanksa for all the advise guys :P

Glad to have helped :). If you want to achieve the dark red like on my mini, you will need to mix some black ink into the red (just play around until you get the right shade). However, note, you want to use black 'ink' not 'paint'. If you use paint, it will reduce the wet-look and make it a duller color, which is not desireable. Ink, however, does not do this.

Archived