Which Chaos Legion will win/live the longest

minigun762

There could be even more than that alive. Night Haunter's death was never actually recorded, just heavily implied.

Well, the book Lord of the Night does mention Curze's severed head rolling across the ground, so Night Haunter is fairly dead. Primarchs are tough, but not "look Ma! No head!" tough.

There could be even more than that alive. Night Haunter's death was never actually recorded, just heavily implied.

Well, the book Lord of the Night does mention Curze's severed head rolling across the ground, so Night Haunter is fairly dead. Primarchs are tough, but not "look Ma! No head!" tough.

Did it? I haven't gotten around to reading that book yet. Still, I take most Black Library stuff with a grain of salt; the authors frequently take great liberties with the fluff. The version I had always heard was M'Shen finding Curze, Curze giving his little quote, then M'Shen leaping forward and the vid log cutting out. Unless GW says otherwise in an army book or article I wouldn't take a Black Library book as gospel.

Well, there's also the fact that Night Haunter's last words wouldn't make any sense if he didn't let himself be killed. He allowed himself to die so that his assassination would vindicate the fact that the Emperor could be just as vicious and callous as he was.

Plus, Curze is based heavily off Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness, and in at least Apocalypse Now, Colonel Kurtz allows himself to be killed too, but the death happens off-screen (from what I can remember). Very much like what happens to Night Haunter.

True enough. Still, the seed of doubt is there, which is something I like in 40k fluff. Plus, Kurze was never the most mentally stable Primarch, he could have changed his mind at the last minute.

I guess I'm still playing devil's advocate, just as I did with the Emperor's Children. Night Haunter is probably dead, but, meh, you never know.

• 4 weeks later...
Plus, Kurze was never the most mentally stable Primarch, he could have changed his mind at the last minute.

Sorry but that's debatable, he was the only traitor Primarch not to bow to Chaos.

“Horus was dead. The heresy that had looked ready to rip the bloated Imperium apart had ground to a halt. The legions that had turned from the Emperor and instead sided with Chaos, that boiling fount of madness and disorder, were scattered; licking their wounds, bemoaning their losses, running for their lives. Not so the Night Lords! Alone amongst them all, the Night Haunter’s contempt for his father, outdated, and outlasted, the rebellion. The Emperor’s favoured son Horus had corrupted the other dark Legions, pouring poison on their primarchs with insidious whispers and sweet promises, but not so to the Night Haunter. Not to Konrad Curze. He had seen his father for what he was long before. He had chosen Chaos as a tool – as an ally – but was not seduced by it. And when Horus was cut down, when the other Traitor Legions were shattered, when distant Terra was liberated and the Emperor triumphant, had the Night Lords fled? Had they yelped in fear and skulked into the gloom to fight amongst themselves, as had the others? No. No not they!”

• 1 month later...

Night Lords- with the least possible and proven gene-seed which has been the eye and many the jealousy of multiple chaos legions. Whose strike tactics don't implore flashy bloodshed or all out deployment but rather strike tactics which are most benefited to the legion i.e. "striking at night" Fast attacks and fear tactics.

Point has to be made that Night Lords hold a real strong candle to the light of lasting longest.

Others to be noted obviously would be Nurgle's boy whose resistance to being maimed and withered to means of "death" that is B) has been known wide.

Archived