Best use of Chaos Termicide?

HERO

How do you guys feel about a 3-man unit of Chaos Terminators with Combi-Meltas and a Chain Fist as Termicide?

Are there any other preferred use of Chaos Terminators other than MSU? How do you guys take them? (I normally play Loyalists and I'm used to 40 point Termies)

3 Terminators, 2 combi-meltas and a heavy flamer with one power fist = 115 points. I feel it does ok for a one hit wonder.

3 Combi-Meltas and a chainfist is more direct and not so multi-task-ish. Standard.

Go with it and see how well it does for you. Don't expect much for the first five games until you get it down.

• 1 month later...

Not wanting to create yet another thread about termicide , I kinda ressurect this one .

How do you feel about combi plasma termicides ?

Plasma is a pretty nice weapon and its good to have around some ( for MC's and all that ) , and theoretically could be used against vehicles with AV 11 ( sides ) or the tender AV 10 rear . It's not AP1 though . Also it will never harm a LR .

The thing is that plasma is quite an expensive weapon to have it on troops , plus it denies them their "assaulty" potential .

Assuming that one does not field obliterators ( kinda in the middle of making a list without them ) , would you include combiplasma termicides ?

I am pretty sure this will not be allowed at our local tournaments .

Bummer .

It would open a whole world of possibilities for my termicides .

Of course it would mean constant nagging and b****ing about unsportsmanship from my opponents .

Oh well , as long as they play with troop "snipers" ( daemonic flamers ) at the cost of the termicide and twin lashes I couldn't care less really .

:)

P.S. : The flamers from codex daemons are probably the absolutely worst design of a unit in recent history , its a termicide alright but oh so much more . Please give me a reason why anyone would field them with four or more models instead of three . At the cost of a termicide . Yes people , you need to buy more vehicles , thank you .

I am pretty sure this will not be allowed at our local tournaments .

Bummer .

It would open a whole world of possibilities for my termicides.

How would anyone be able to deny you using whatever combi-weapon type provided you use magnets?

Gone are the wargear entries called Combi-Plasma, Combi-Flamer and Combi-Melta. Instead you now buy a 'combi-weapon'.

Your written list haven't changed any way, only the nature of a small part of it and the model's arms has.

Granted it may be frowned upon, but it hasn't stopped anyone here from doing it.

You want to talk about unsportsmanship? :lol:

So what you do is you take your termicide unit.. You are playing capture and control.. Or Control ground.. So You have objectives..... You end up going second...

Turn 5 rolls around... Begining of your turn your reserves AUTOMATICALLY COME IN. :P

So then you deep strike and run your terminators into 3" of the objectives for a last minute contest or capture...

Now that is dirty pool..

Of course this can be countered several ways..... Especially if you end up rolling another turn... Sadly with 5th edition it is pretty easy to go for 6-7 turns.

Nothing dirty there since before turn 5 you roll for reserves in turn 2, 3 and 4. If the terminators don't show until turn 5, and they get used to contest an objective, nothing wrong with that.

How would anyone be able to deny you using whatever combi-weapon type provided you use magnets?

Gone are the wargear entries called Combi-Plasma, Combi-Flamer and Combi-Melta. Instead you now buy a 'combi-weapon'.

Your written list haven't changed any way, only the nature of a small part of it and the model's arms has.

Granted it may be frowned upon, but it hasn't stopped anyone here from doing it.

Unfortunately , actually he can deny that by being the "rulesmaster"of said tournament .

I have presented the exact same argument , but to no avail .

Oh well , it's not like I've been playing like this so far so this doesn't mess with my tactics .

On the other hand it would be a helluva bonus though if I could do that .

Related to this, how many bodies can you put into a deepstriking Terminator squad before it is no longer considered a "Termicide" squad?

We typically talk about Terminators in squads of either 3 (Termicide) or 6 (big ones) but what about the 4-5 man squads?

Idealy....

I have a question since we are on the subject of termicide...

Do you guys find that the squad lasts 2-3 turns?

Maybe it is just the people I play with in my store but my god... I deep strike my terminators blow up a tank and they wind up living another 2-3 turns sometimes even end up living over the entire game.

Their lifetime really depends on how much they threaten the other player and if you are playing objectives or kill points.

An obvious situation is for example if your termicide blown up a heavy tank that was far away from everything else they will probably last long (but do nothing important). The opponent makes the best choice by choosing to ignore them. But in the other hand you probably made a poor one by giving them a one target only mission.

Personally my terminators are meant to die : not only to blow a vehicle or unit, but also for a second purpose like diverting enemy fire from more precious units or regroup his units before sending templates on him, etc.

If they survive this is just an extra bonus. I remember three terminators surviving an entire Tau army shooting at them :lol: (And I won't tell about my dark eldar archon and its shadow field :P)

I agree with Iron_Chaos_Brute,

Anything higher than 4 + combis (and possibly a H.Flamer + fist/chainfist) and the unit is too costly to be considered throwaway.

Thats about what I was thinking as well. 140-150ish points seems to be the cut off.

If that is the case, do larger squads have a role beyond Termicide? Is there something to be gained from 5+ sized squads?

See I had the EXACT same thing happen. I played against a tau player last week and the guy wasnt running ANY tanks.. Had 4 broadsides beefed up with shield drones. For the most part i was able to avoid being shot at by the broadsides because of the way the table was set up I could move outside of their firing lines. So he deepstriked his commander behind a wall and I asume the next turn he was going to jump over and drop a whole lot of hate and discontent on a squad of marines. So.... I deepstriked my three combi melta bearing terminators between his HQ and his broadsides and the firing lane that leads to the area that he can shoot at. By doing so I created a cover save to anything he attempted to shoot at beyond them and was able to kill his commander. He shot through them and didnt get much results due to the cover they offered and winded up shooting at them the next turn only killing one.

in other games I find after the combi meltas have been used I often use them to contest objectives or hold up a unit for a turn or two allowing me to perform different tactics with my other units. I never EVER used to use terminators. i always thought they were lackluster.. I purchased two boxes of terminators and a terminator lord.. Before I knew it.. Termicide is in nearly every list i use.. I have yet to have it "fail" *knock on wood* In addition i made 4 lightening claw terminators (no not champions) Then a combi flamer, heavy flamer and I made a Sorc lord and a LC lord. The sorc lord is on his way to the chopping block. Used it once.. Will probably never use it again. I probably could convert it over to a Lord with Daemon weapon. I converted the staff into a polarm.

Back to the subject.. Obviously you drop them on the biggest threat tank. Aside from that.. When there are no tanks.. I usually drop them around dev squads and things with heavy firepower.. Forcing the other player to make a choice to either fire at something vital or lose the entire unit next turn.

Archived